PDA

View Full Version : Phone envy & gagetry

Cyndalie
07-21-2008, 10:14 AM
My birthday is coming up and I want a new toy!
I'm thinking of asking for a blackberry. I can't decide which I want if I got one. I dont' want my cellphone bill to go up (I'm on verizon, stuck for 2 years). So no iphone.

I hate hate hate my phone, I want a new number (still using fl area code in the NE) and all the cool functions that make mobile connectivity fun.

What you got? What do you want? What have you bought that was utterly useless?

Evil Chris
07-21-2008, 10:45 AM
I think FB might chime in here about her Blackberry Curve. She likes it a lot and it can do everything the iPhone does with the possible exception of video playback and touch-screen. Otherwise it's quite impressive.

Don't get a Razr... that hype is definitely over I think.

Magnus3x
07-21-2008, 11:33 AM
If you are thinking Blackberry, I would hold out a wee bit for the Blackberry BOLD coming with in a month or so.. WIFI/world phone/nav/video/camera/3G networks/blackberry PIN chat free with other BB users (lots of webmasters have blackberrys) - you can copy/paste LOL something iphone does not do.. silly you think?? pulling info and numbers or emails from emails and PINS or chat and being able to cut that into different conversations happens more than you think.

Iphone would be significantly cheaper mind you, as BB's tend to be very pricey out of the box.

Cyndalie
07-21-2008, 11:50 AM
I'll keep that in mind! thanks Magnus!

Evil Chris
07-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Is that the one people are calling the "iPhone killer"?

Cyndalie
07-21-2008, 02:46 PM
No, i think that's the Instinct?

Abernathy SixtySix
07-21-2008, 05:32 PM
I have a Nokia and I have nothing good to say about it, I want an iPhone but now I won't even suggest it to you...)c:

you can try the new Samnsung touch phone...???

B O B
07-21-2008, 05:58 PM
I hear the Blackberry BOLD is coming out...
might want to wait for that one...unless of course it sucks
lol

dyonisus
07-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I have seen some pics of the Instinct... Uhmm, it looks like it walks talks and smells like an iPhone, of course someone else had to come out with one that would.

The bar has been set now everyone has to exceed it!

Magnus3x
07-22-2008, 11:42 AM
I think they should rephrase it to the Blackberry killer, since it occupied this space far longer than the Iphone/Itouch years.

Iphone like the MAC will not be the go to business device. The Canadian and US Gov all have deals with Blackberry to outfit their members, as do most media outlets, that is something they will not drop and replace with the Iphone.
Simply put, this boils down to demographics of users and not who kills who. If you really looked into the nuts and bolts of the two I think you would find factors in both instances that out do the other. If you look at what the user wants with each you will see a clear division.

Evil Chris
07-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Interesting. I had a chat with an IT network guy yesterday who does like Apple products, but says that most businesses won't go with them because they aren't corporate friendly. That statement kinda makes sense to me and if you think about it in the wireless sense, Apple commercials do target "the people" and not the corporate world.

emac
07-22-2008, 05:11 PM
one of the nicest phone i've got. never had an issue using it. don't know if you'll like it because the appearance fit for guys. http://www.mobilegazette.com/images/sony-ericsson/sony-ericsson-p990.jpg

Evil E
07-22-2008, 07:56 PM
I tought this thread had to do with gagging :)

MediaGuy
07-22-2008, 09:48 PM
How much red brick surrounds you?

I know a couple folk who when they come into these Old Montreal red brick & limestone constructs can't get a signal in unless they hang out the windows...