PDA

View Full Version : Sundin decides to...

Evil Chris
07-28-2008, 03:46 PM
wait until August to tell us his intentions for the 08/09 season! :nuts:

I'm anxious to find out. Most of me hopes he stays in Toronto, which I think is the most likely thing to happen but another part of me would love to see him play for the Habs in the bleu blanc rouge.

Magnus3x
07-28-2008, 05:03 PM
He needs a team he can play with and make things happen, Toronto needs to build on youth, agressive hockey and speed, these things are not happenimg. I think he should part ways with the Leafs, if he wants a ring from Lord Stanley he should play 1 year with Detroit but they have enough old timers ;)

dyonisus
07-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Why are the Leafers never that Team?

Evil Chris
07-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Why are the Leafers never that Team?Because it's expected of them I guess. I don't know, many things really. From ownership right on down.

Bear in mind too that there are many teams that haven't won a Stanley Cup that maybe should have. Chicago hasn't won in way too long, Los Angeles has never won. A franchise from Minnesota (HUGE hockey fans) has never won. Vancouver has come close but no cigar. All these teams are overdue, but the only one that gets any mention in Toronto.

Casa Nova
07-29-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm hoping he will just retire. As much as I love him, if he comes back to the leafs it will just make us finish in the middle of the pack again.

Evil Chris
07-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm hoping he will just retire. As much as I love him, if he comes back to the leafs it will just make us finish in the middle of the pack again.Is that the general feeling down in Toronto right now?

Casa Nova
07-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Is that the general feeling down in Toronto right now?

Yeh. Like we are all for being competitive but I think the team we have now is good enough to put something on the ice that will be entertaining even though they will lose more often then not. Putting sundin on the team will just raise us to where we were last year & that's to the middle of the heap. We need a good draft pick that's very apparent. We don't have many assets to trade & only a few good young prospects coming up. We have to try and get better via the draft. I'm not saying tank the season, but don't throw Sundin back on the team and make him carry all the weight of the young guys & raise us a few spots. We want the Tavares Cup here this year.

Magnus3x
07-29-2008, 11:04 AM
TO fans are not big picture fans, they cling to players like crabs and wonder why they are first on the Golf course in May.

Evil Chris
07-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Well I guess we'll find out tomorrow what he'll decide if what RDS reported (August 1st) was true.
He's going to have to decide if he's to play at all. I don't think Sundin is the kind of person to not show up for training camp.