PDA

View Full Version : Celebs and Post Pregnancy Bodies

Cyndalie
07-29-2008, 10:06 AM
I've been seeing these 3 week post partum celebrity moms working out and looking like they never had a baby and it is a bit disturbing. First of all, most doctors won't clear 'normal people' for exercise or even sex until 6 weeks post partum. Secondly it often takes 6 weeks or more for your uterus to return to normal size, 9 months to lose the weight it ook 9 months to put on, etc.

My concern is for teens that lately seem to be thinking pregnancy is 'cool' and your body suffers no permenant changes because of it. I know everyone is different but thinking you can get on a treadmill or back to the gym when your baby is 2 weeks old and look back to 'normal' a month later sounds like a recipe for post partum depression and an unhealthy self image.

I may be a teensy bit jealous being that pregnancy really changed how my body works and I'll be on meds forever because of it :(

Abernathy SixtySix
07-29-2008, 10:11 AM
I have never had a child and don't plan to but when all these tabloid shows report on how they celebs get their bodies back I have always thought the same thing...

but then again i am sure if we all had the money they had we could hire a personal trainer to help us get to the way we want in a healthy way....

Even with not having a child I still see lots of things I want to improve that as of right now I don't thinking doing all the working out in the world can fix.....

Don't be sad Cyndalie your beautiful :heart:

Cyndalie
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm not sad, I'm just saying .. celebs seem more worried about looking skinny and perfect than taking care of their babies.

Casa Nova
07-29-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm not sad, I'm just saying .. celebs seem more worried about looking skinny and perfect than taking care of their babies.

Well you gotta think about it, if they don't look good, they aren't going to get work.. and then how are they going to feed there child etc. There whole living is based on looking good to get roles, concerts etc, which in turn puts food on the table ( and also dresses the baby in $1000 gucci boots lol).

Is it unhealthy, probably. At the same time though I can see why they would do it.

HeavenLeeGoddess
07-30-2008, 10:08 AM
I have 2 babies myself and I am back down to my 115lb size once again, and my daughter is only 6months old. I don't really exercise, I get all my exercise from chaseing my 3yr old boy around and cleaning and doing house work and all the fun mom things there are.I never wanted to get back down to 115 but I guess thats just the way my body is. I guess I am just blessed:)

But what these celebs are doing is crazy. I might be thin but I'm not just skin and bones. I do have meat to mine. No matter if its for work or not no one should do what they do. There are some celebs that do work out and are still able to take care of their kids.

But thats my 2cents.

XOXOHeaven

SykkBoy
07-31-2008, 07:02 PM
I have 5 kids and aside from needing a little exercise, my body's pretty normal

;-))))

Funbrunette
08-01-2008, 08:16 AM
I've been seeing these 3 week post partum celebrity moms working out and looking like they never had a baby and it is a bit disturbing. First of all, most doctors won't clear 'normal people' for exercise or even sex until 6 weeks post partum. Secondly it often takes 6 weeks or more for your uterus to return to normal size, 9 months to lose the weight it ook 9 months to put on, etc.

My concern is for teens that lately seem to be thinking pregnancy is 'cool' and your body suffers no permenant changes because of it. I know everyone is different but thinking you can get on a treadmill or back to the gym when your baby is 2 weeks old and look back to 'normal' a month later sounds like a recipe for post partum depression and an unhealthy self image.

I may be a teensy bit jealous being that pregnancy really changed how my body works and I'll be on meds forever because of it :(

You don't realise it now Cyn, but your body is more beautiful than it's ever been...Look at what you created. I know what you mean, now I have hips I never had before and more curves, but I embrace it, I really feel like a woman not a "girl". These celebrities have personal trainers, chefs and nothing else to do (they don't lack sleep from the arrival of the new baby they have nannies) My advise is take your time losing the baby weight or it will creep back up FAST! I was really nervous the first few months as a new Mom and lost more than the weight I had put on during the pregnancy. It came back quickly. I don't know what meds you're on (I had a bad post partum so I had to take anti depressant and that made me gain lot's of weight) I'm sure you look beautiful Cyn, were always harsher critics on ourselves. :)

Cyndalie
08-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks FunB

I had postpartum hypothryoidism on worse, it completely shut down :( My metabolism burned out basically so my body isn't metabolizing fats correctly. The meds have helped me feel better (I felt like I was run over by a truck for 4 months and kept getting sick, but I chalked it up to having a newborn that didn't sleep through the night). Turns out it was a major issue. But it hasn't helped me lose any pregnancy weight. I gained a total of 40lbs, I still have 30 to lose :( My sister has the same problem and no matter how much you exercise or diet ifyour body can process protiens correctly or metabilize fats its not going to make an iota of difference. Once things are leveled off I'm going to talk to my dr about weight loss options.. diet pills are out b/c they screw with your levels even more.