PDA

View Full Version : Alinghi

wsjb78
03-02-2003, 08:28 AM
Swiss Team: Alinghi wins Amercia's Cup.

Wouldn't have thought that we're gonna make it. I just wonder where the next America's Cup will take place? On lake Constance?

Tafkap
03-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Well, first iof all, Congrats to Switzerland!!! U brought us the Cup back in Europe!!! 150 years to wait for!!!

Secondly, France proposed 3 places : St Tropez, Sète and Marseille, by the Mediterranean Sea.

According to the America's Cup rules, u can sail on a sea only (i know, it could sound stupid from me : sailing on a sea??? no way???), no lake...

:bonk:

Mister X
03-03-2003, 11:19 AM
I saw that they won but I didn't realize they were a Swiss team. That's kind of like a skier from Fiji winning a the world championships or something. Bizarre but cool.

Tafkap
03-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Mister X
I saw that they won but I didn't realize they were a Swiss team. That's kind of like a skier from Fiji winning a the world championships or something. Bizarre but cool.

In fact the boat is swiss but the main crew has lots of different nationalities... that's why they said "we bring the cup back in Europe" and not "we bring it back in Switzerland"... Respect :respect:

wsjb78
03-03-2003, 06:11 PM
The guy who paid for all of this is a Swiss so I consider the team as Swiss... it's the same with any other sports club... how many New Yorkers play for the N.Y. Yankees? How many people from Chicago play for the Bulls? How many people from Manchester play for Manchester United?

The team was sponsored from a Swiss, on the sail there was SUI so it's a Swiss team! my 2 cents!

:)

St. Tropez.... sounds good... sounds like I'll attend the next America's cup!