PDA

View Full Version : Why I Didn't Like The Dark Knight Movie

BigBrownKablooey
08-07-2008, 10:05 AM
1. When Christian Bale is in costume, he sounds like a growling dog who's having a bad acid trip. It's too silly.

2. I wanted Katie Holmes to die instead of Maggie Gyllenhaal.

3. The CGI half of Two-Face is exaggerated, he looks like a flesh-eating bacteria has eaten his face. Or worse, he looks like a lost "Mummy" extra.

4. Too much blabber. Yadda, yadda, yadda. I fell asleep after the first ten minutes of the movie.

5. As much as I enjoyed Heath Ledger in the movie, he looked like a guy
wearing a Joker costume and aping the Joker. But he's not the Joker. Somehow, his character here reminds me of Brandon Lee's The Crow.

6. As Bruce Wayne, Bale is a few notches away of Patrick Bateman -- the guy he played in American Psycho.

7. The dialogue is excruciating. It is laden with countless slabs of pointless exposition.

8. And my main beef? The gritty realism of the story just doesn't seem to hold the idea that a guy running around as a winged rodent (with that affected deep voice) would be someone the police force would take seriously.

:skull:

Evil Chris
08-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm with you on most of those points. I generally thought the plot was too complicated and went in circles. Plus... it was way too long... yawnn

Mr. Burns
08-10-2008, 04:50 PM
I haven't seen it yet but I anxiously await an opportunity to do so.

The Waynes are quite wealthy, but they don't have Burns money.