PDA

View Full Version : New Things You Should Do In The Kitchen

BigBrownKablooey
08-11-2008, 01:09 PM
1. Buy a pint of vanilla and liberally drizzle it with walnut oil. The oil will highlight the taste of the vanilla and lends a certain depth of the ice cream.

2. Make yourself a sandwich made out of peanut butter, pitted black olives,and mayonnaise. It's not as disgusting as it sounds.

3. Instead of using cream in your carbonara, beat 2 whole eggs till frothy, add half a cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese, a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg then pour it onto a pan of freshly cooked pasta with bacon and rendered fat. Make sure that the pan is out of stove fire. But the spaghetti mixture is still hot.

4. In a spice mill, grind a teaspoon of white peppercorns and then mix it to half a tablespoon of cinnamon, muscovado sugar and nutmeg and then sprinkle it on freshly baked brioche or better yet, coffee rolls.

5. in four cups of freshly cooked cream sauce for lobster, scrape the small seeds of one vanilla pod, add freshly ground cardamon and then mix together till the vanilla specks and the cardamom are well-blended.

carol.prime
08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the new recipe. :)

Evil Chris
08-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Hmmm those are interesting tips that one might never think of.

Ever considered starting a blog with this sort of thing?

MediaGuy
08-12-2008, 02:14 AM
A unique post and just happens to be very instructive...

A blog would be a good idea too :)

Now I'm hungry...

:D

Abernathy SixtySix
08-12-2008, 09:11 AM
WOW...that sounds amazing except for the peanut butter sandwich, which I am sure is great....lol:geez:

Sounds like the next Foodnetwork champion posts on this board!!!

here is one for you:

put in a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon in your tomatoe pasta sauce

Janell
08-12-2008, 02:41 PM
oh speaking of things to do in the kitchen..... What is fried ice cream? Im sort of scared. Everyone tells me it's great but those two items don't sound like they should go together.

Virgule3
08-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Are you pregnant???

oceania
08-13-2008, 10:00 AM
oh how utterly delicious
can you come live in my house
and cook for me

BigBrownKablooey
08-13-2008, 12:55 PM
In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1 head of garlic (skinned and minced), 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper. add in 2 kg of whole chicken. let marinade for 1 hour, then roast in a broiler or grill. the meat and skin takes on a different color, but the taste is awesome.