PDA

View Full Version : Ten Commandments for Pet Owners

M O
08-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Hello guys,

this is my first post, i salute everybody!

Chris asked me to post this and i am very happy to do so:

1)My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years or more. Any
separation from you will be painful.

2)Give me time to understand what you want from me. Do not
break my spirit with your temper, though I will always forgive
you. Your patience will teach me more effectively.

3)Please have me spayed or neutered.

4)Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the
world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Don't be
angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment.
After all, you have your job, your friends, your
entertainment, I only have you.

5)Speak to me often. Even if I don't understand your words, I
understand your voice when it's speaking to me. Your voice is the sweetest sound I
ever hear, as you must know by my enthusiasm whenever I hear your footsteps.

6)Take me in when it's cold and wet. I'm a domestic animal and am no longer
accustomed to the bitter elements. I ask for little more than your gentle hands petting
me. Keep my bowl filled with water.

7)Feed me good food so that I may stay well to romp and play. By your side, I stand
ready, willing and able to share my life with you, for that is what I live for. I'll never forget
how well you've treated me.

8)Don't hit me. Remember, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand,
but I choose not to bite.

9)Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be
bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long,
my ear may hurt, or my heart may be getting weak.

10)Take care of me when I get old. For you will grow old, too. When I am old, or when I no
longer enjoy good health, please do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not
having fun. Just see to it that my trusting life is taken gently. And be with me on that
difficult journey when it's time to say goodbye. Never say, "I just can't bear to watch it."
Everything is easier for me when you are there. I will leave this earth knowing with my
last breath that my fate was always safest in your hands.

I found this on a wall at the Humane society.

Evil Chris
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Welcome to XNations MO... and what a great first post.
I was going to repost it, but I'm happy you took me up on the invite to post it yourself. Cheers amigo.

Slippery
08-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Thank you, that was a very enjoyable read. Welcome to xnations too!

Virgule3
08-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Welcome and thanks for such a beautiful post.

I have two dogs, Astro and Whippet and unfortunately no children so they are my babies... I do as said in the text and more. I actually bought the house I have now with them in mind more than me!

Sophie.

punker barbie
08-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Awww thats so sweet.

Funbrunette
08-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Amazing! thanks for sharing this with us and welcome to Xnations! :)

Abernathy SixtySix
08-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Hi M O,

Nice to meet you and thank you for that...it brought tears to my eyes, made me think of all the people that do have pets and don't treat them with the respect and love that they deserve...

Cyndalie
08-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks for that, and welcome to Xnations!

M O
08-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi M O,

Nice to meet you and thank you for that...it brought tears to my eyes, made me think of all the people that do have pets and don't treat them with the respect and love that they deserve...

I found this on a wall at the Human society and it brought tears of my eyes too.

and so did listening to "Marley and Me" on a CD...

JoeD
08-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Welcome and thanks for such a beautiful post.

I have two dogs, Astro and Whippet and unfortunately no children so they are my babies... I do as said in the text and more. I actually bought the house I have now with them in mind more than me!

Sophie.

This would have been my exact post for us, except the names are different :doggie::doggie:

:laughout:

M O
08-15-2008, 03:05 PM
This would have been my exact post for us, except the names are different :doggie::doggie:

:laughout:

Funny, when we were looking for a House and my wife asked "what would you like me to look for?"

I said..." a big yard for jet"

http://www.mo76.com/JET/JetBday%20002.jpg

Evil Chris
08-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Funbrunette and I are fortunate in that we have the biggest yard in our neighborhood. It's huge... and our big dog Buddy gets a lot of room to run around.

He patrols the fence and barks (sometimes too much) at anything that passes by that he thinks is suspicious looking... you know, like cats and other dogs mostly. hehe...

dyonisus
08-23-2008, 01:34 AM
just simply awesome...
My boy Jax and I are the best of friends. If I got out, I am told he mourns and waits eagerly at the door for me. We are rarely apart. It broke my heart last year when I moved out to Los Angeles to have to leave him behind while I settled. Together again never to be apart for long.

I talk to him all the time, he is the best and most compassionate listener. Sometimes he is stubborn, but he is a dog and we have a mutual understanding, I treat him like a member of the family, he gives me unconditional love (apparently it works well for us)

Dogs Rule!!

Virgule3
08-23-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm renovating and painting my new house and Astro is being dogsat by a friend who has a dog too. He has been with them for 3 weeks now (I miss him so much!) and thursday, I went to visit my friend and my dog... After I left, apparently, he cried a lot!

Poor baby...

Sophie.