PDA

View Full Version : do you use a moisturizer?

oceania
08-15-2008, 07:31 AM
according to Rutgers University in New Jersey, researchers applied the moisturizer to lab rats five days a week for four months.

The moisturized animals developed non-melanoma skin cancer more quickly than other creatures and had up to twice as many tumors.

The tumors were also bigger, the Journal of Investigative Dermatology reports.

good news this same test was preformed with the application of a custom-made cream, which lacked several ingredients, including mineral oil and the chemical sodium lauryl sulphate, did not affect the tumour development.
Moisturisers used by millions of women every day could increase risk of skin cancer

+++
i am going to go through my drawer of creams now - damn just when you thought you were doing a good things for your skin -

Evil Chris
08-15-2008, 08:25 AM
I think that if your cream is mostly aloe based, it shouldn't be a problem since it's natural. What are all the other ingredients in there for anyway?

Abernathy SixtySix
08-15-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't have that problem as i make my own...

Cyndalie
08-15-2008, 10:16 AM
The way they did that study makes me think it's not true results.

They took hairless mice and exposed them to a lifetimes worth of UV rays. Then they put the lotions on them and detected skin cell damages.

That doesn't show the lotions as causing cancer. That shows a lifetime of UV rays causing cancer.

These studies are so stupid they shouldn't even be published.

BigBrownKablooey
08-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Cyn, you have a point there.