PDA

View Full Version : Ringu vs The Ring

Funbrunette
03-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Well, I finally the saw Ringu (the original movie from wich The Ring was inspired) and I was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty good not as good as The Ring, but it's worth seeing. The movie is in Japanese (English subtittle) I was sure that would bother me, but it didn't!

Anyway, if you've enjoyed The Ring I strongly suggest you rent Ringu.

:)

Danny_C
03-10-2003, 10:44 AM
Ringu was twice as good as The Ring, and Open Your Eyes was FIVE TIMES as good as Vanilla Sky.

The originals are almost always better, in my opinion. These are no exception.

Evil Chris
03-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Danny_C
Ringu was twice as good as The Ring, and Open Your Eyes was FIVE TIMES as good as Vanilla Sky.

The originals are almost always better, in my opinion. These are no exception. Agreed Danny... The Ring was (in my opinion) just as good as it's original, Ringu. I thought the re-make was a bit more frightening due to it's enhanced special FX and soundtrack though. Plus, it is a bit distracting reading subtitles.

Danny_C
03-10-2003, 06:09 PM
Well, I really liked both in this case. I thought Ringu had the edge because I really liked the audio... added a lot of creepiness. But The Ring was definitely a worthy remake.

My other comparison, though... Have you seen Open Your Eyes? People talk about how "original" Vanilla Sky was, but he might as well have just overdubbed Open Your Eyes and added a pop music soundtrack. The movies were identical for the most part, except the original had much more atmosphere and much better acting. Hell, Cameron Crowe even hired the exact same actress to play Maria (I think that was her name... the role played by Penelope Cruz).

poppy
03-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Went to rent the Ring this weekend and it was sold out

gunner
03-11-2003, 01:48 AM
if you rent it, make sure you make copies.

Bree
03-11-2003, 01:52 AM
I have The Ring on DVD .. just got it. Haven't seen it yet.

My b/f has not been in a "movie mood" so I might have to watch it on my laptop :huh: