PDA

View Full Version : What makes you feel like a kid again?

Visualad
11-25-2008, 06:13 PM
One of the top things is that whenever I start making a snowball and start messing around with my buddies throwing snowballs around - I totally feel like a kid again.

Theres something about doing that - that totally brings out a special feeling.

What about you?

Funbrunette
11-26-2008, 07:33 AM
Playing with my son, I really get into it and start feeling like a kid myself! With the first snow fall and Christmas around the corner I'm seeing the world through the eyes of a child and it's AMAZING!!!! :cloud9:

Cyndalie
11-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Coloring!

Rochard
11-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Certain songs instantly transport me back to being a teenager.......

NicAngel
11-26-2008, 01:09 PM
when i'm at the park with my daughter. i still like the swings and going down the slide with her.

Visualad
11-26-2008, 01:36 PM
when i'm at the park with my daughter. i still like the swings and going down the slide with her.

swings!! thats another one.. Once in a blue moon swings come around for some reason and thats another moment where I totally feel like a kid,. hehe.

wonder why huh? ;-)

Panky
11-26-2008, 06:31 PM
I've always enjoyed the swings, see saw, coloring, artsy craftsy stuff, and snowball fights. Back in August, my BF's 10 year old nephew and mom visited with us for a week and a half. We have a small stream that runs through the backyard and the kid wanted to go looking for frogs and misc creek creatures. We followed the stream for quite awhile walking in the water. He thought I was so cool because I was the only adult who said I'd go catch frogs with him. I really did have fun with him. It reminded me of when I was a kid stomping through the creeks and rivers.

I have a 4 year old nephew who loves to put puzzles together. He's so determined and won't walk away from the puzzle until the last piece has been placed. When I go home and spend time with him, at some point during our playtime together, he'll ask me to put a puzzle together with him. (My nephew loves it because it is rare he gets an adult who will put a puzzle together with him and enjoy it themselves. My parents and brother aren't puzzle people and apparently his moms side of the family aren't either. ) It's something I've always enjoyed doing since I can remember and still enjoy it. It was also something my grandmother and I did together during the week that I stayed at her house each summer.

Evil Chris
11-26-2008, 10:56 PM
I love it when a song takes me back to certain times in my youth. It could be something from the 80s which triggers a memory from high-school, or something even earlier that just reminds of the days when I was just a little kid.

I also like to take a little drive or tour through old neighbourhoods where I grew up. Whenever I'm in the area of Niagara Falls, I take the time to drive past my old house, primary school, and of course the cemetary to visit my grand-parents. I bet a lot of people like to do that sort of thing. Reminiscing is quite enjoyable.

Crak_JMan
11-27-2008, 12:27 PM
My niece...

Vid Vicious
11-27-2008, 01:17 PM
SWEET YOUNG BOOTY

did you really have to ask ?

bluemoney
11-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Target shooting in the woods with my .357

My dad used to take me as a kid with my .22 back in the day.

Kristine
11-29-2008, 04:54 PM
I feel like a kid every time I get in touch with a puppy. I don't know why, but when I am with a puppy I act so sily

12ClicksMichele
12-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Coloring!

For the longest time I had my own coloring books and colored pencils. They were actually pretty expensive geometric pattern books which I wouldnt share with my kids. LOL
The first snow always makes me feel like a little kid again.

I actually feel more like a kid than a grown up sometimes!

MediaGuy
12-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't think I ever stopped...

Though I do miss eating Captain Crunch and watching Bugs Bunny and Road Runner cartoons...

:D

Yngwie
12-01-2008, 01:47 PM
the music I listen to brings me back to my young days.. 12 and up. I still listen to the same music and it's on 24/7 so I'm always brought back. Than there are certain things about christmas that bring me back to when I was little even though so much has changed in my family and the fact that I'm not much of a christmas person anymore.

there may be a few other things, but I'm tired today and have a very bad headache so can't think to clearly. Yep, I'm still working even with a headache. I have no choice. I need to do the work that I set out to do and also try to get the domain in my sig sold withing the next few days. (long story as to why)

Vendzilla
12-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Still an old big kid here

scarlettohara
12-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Putting the Xmas tree up with my dogs playing around my feet with the lights trying not to break them !:)

emac
12-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Every time I watched cartoons and play with my son.

Crak_JMan
12-09-2008, 11:26 AM
I don't think I ever stopped...

Though I do miss eating Captain Crunch and watching Bugs Bunny and Road Runner cartoons...

:D

Who told you you had to stop???

And if they do tell you to stop...don't listen to them ;-) Wasn't it what we did when we where kids... NOT Listen :laughout: