PDA

View Full Version : Bug chasers / seekers

Panky
03-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Bug chasing is a fetish. I came across this on a another board and had no idea what bug chasing was and why it is a fetish. So, I decided to research it.

Apparently bug chasing has to do with being HIV negative and seeking a sexual encounter with an HIV + person for the sole purpose of contracting HIV.

Why?

There is sites dedicated to linking chasers with HIV + people who will voluntarily infect another individual.

What's your opinion?

Panky

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
03-10-2003, 01:16 PM
That is the most fucked up thing I have ever heard of .... :(

No wait ... second most fucked up thing .... Vid you know what the MOST fucked up was .... hahahahaaa :D

angeleyes
03-11-2003, 10:13 AM
I heard about that a long time ago. My theories are:

1. The Seeker is suicidal, but too wimpy to just outright kill himself.
2. The HIV Seeker is a really twisted individual who intends to then go out and infect unknowing girls/guys for his own personal vengence/mental issues.
3. He wants to live off the government. (They pretty much support you when you have HIV and become ill)

but in any case....YES---IT IS REALLY FUCKED UP.

FNPSteve
03-11-2003, 10:55 AM
I think it's scary for society in general. Even though it's real and happening, I couldn't imagine somebody wanting to die a slow death.

MadCat
03-11-2003, 11:01 AM
The question that comes to mind right now is; would you attempt to make a buck from this?

My answer? Sure would. My opinion on this? It's fucked up - but heck, people will do what they want anyway, so if I can get in the middle and get them both to fork over cash for something they'd do -anyway- .. I'll take their money.

Not like they're going to live to bitch about it ;)

Yes, I know this is terribly crude and blunt, but the way I see it, if someone wants to off him/herself in a real slow way, I ain't going to try and talk them out of it. As I said, they're going to do it one way or another, and I'd rather be there and take their money than stand by and look at it *shrug*

Maybe I'm just too damn practical :D

Miss Novette
03-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by angeleyes
I heard about that a long time ago. My theories are:

1. The Seeker is suicidal, but too wimpy to just outright kill himself.
2. The HIV Seeker is a really twisted individual who intends to then go out and infect unknowing girls/guys for his own personal vengence/mental issues.
3. He wants to live off the government. (They pretty much support you when you have HIV and become ill)

but in any case....YES---IT IS REALLY FUCKED UP.

Well said!

The only other addition I would make is that they want the attention.

Nina
03-11-2003, 05:51 PM
That's one of the most distrubing things I've ever heard, especially because it's not just one person, it's a "fetish". :(