PDA

View Full Version : Have you made any POSITIVE changes in your life this past year?

Cyndalie
11-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Have you lost weight, quit smoking or drinking, started living greener, or made any kind of positive changes in your life or lifestyle?

If so I want to talk to you. If you'd like to nominate someone in the biz that you know of, please let me know. ( Finding God does not count LOL )

I have been working on an article for FUBAR Magazine and I need some more feedback, stories, and quotes to finish it up.

This is pretty free form and you can disclose as much as you feel comfortable with. This article is designed to highlight sucess stories and motivate others as well as show some positive reflection on the industry itself. As we are shaping up, so is the way we do business...along those lines.

Hope to hear from you!
Cyn at 12clickscash.com
icq 339949429
or post here

Deadline for responses is next Monday.
Thanks!

Evil Chris
11-26-2008, 01:35 PM
What a great idea for an article Cyn.

Personally I don't have anything that comes to my mind worthy of such an article, and I quit smoking way more than a year ago. I'm using more environmentally friendly light bulbs though! ;)

TheLegacy
11-26-2008, 01:42 PM
I have lost weight about 20 pounds and also shed some bad friends

Cyndalie
11-26-2008, 02:17 PM
What a great idea for an article Cyn.

Personally I don't have anything that comes to my mind worthy of such an article, and I quit smoking way more than a year ago. I'm using more environmentally friendly light bulbs though! ;)

Chris, I have not hit the quit smoking angle (timeframe doesn't matter, but consistency does) I was meaning to ask you and LAJ about wanting to contribute. Something along the lines of:

Addictions are binding and can weigh on the mind, adding stress to daily life even when you think they help to alleviate stress. Now that you don't smoke, how has life improved for you? Do you find yourself thinking more clearly, less impulsive on the whole?

How do you handle social situations where you are around smokers? Does it affect your ability to do business with people?

If you want to PM me a reply, name for print and position/company for print, I'd appreciate it. If not that's ok too.

Evil Chris
11-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Addictions are binding and can weigh on the mind, adding stress to daily life even when you think they help to alleviate stress. Now that you don't smoke, how has life improved for you? Do you find yourself thinking more clearly, less impulsive on the whole?

How do you handle social situations where you are around smokers? Does it affect your ability to do business with people?
It will be a pleasure to participate, Cyn. I'll PM you now.

Panky
11-26-2008, 06:07 PM
That is a good idea for an article.
http://www.icando4u.com/smile/smiley_thumbsup.gif

I can't really think of anything except for the fact that my neighbor and I have been going to the gym since September.

Rochard
11-26-2008, 07:55 PM
I quit drinking and quit smoking. Sweet.

Funbrunette
11-26-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm trying to quit swearing and I eat MUCH healthier, I've been staying away from anything with a face...lol :laughout: So more veggies and fruits!

B O B
11-28-2008, 05:28 PM
thanks for the opportunity Cyn

I have made several positive changes
:)

Vid Vicious
11-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Bussiness wise this was a very tough year

On a personal level ..I have made several changes to my health and lifestyle .. I follow a strict diet and wieght training program. Actually weighed myself tonight .. I'm at 188.. Pretty damn good! 2 and a half months ago I tipped the scale somewhere around 210 -220

Vendzilla
12-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm getting alot more sex this year than the year before

NicAngel
12-03-2008, 02:24 AM
yes. eliminated evil people out of my life.

JoeD
12-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Great topic Cyn, sorry I didn't see this one earlier - and what a roller coaster year it's been. Everyone I speak with is optimistic about 2009 so let's hype that concept :)

I think one of the most remarkable people in the industry is Scott [Scooter] at CAMZ - he has accomplished so much in the last year, if I was writing that article I would include him for sure - he has an amazing story to share with you.

Great week everyone...

Kristine
12-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks God you reminded me! I should do something before December flows!

blonda80
12-05-2008, 02:42 AM
yes, my life changed in a good way this year :)

Cyndalie
12-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Great topic Cyn, sorry I didn't see this one earlier - and what a roller coaster year it's been. Everyone I speak with is optimistic about 2009 so let's hype that concept :)

I think one of the most remarkable people in the industry is Scott [Scooter] at CAMZ - he has accomplished so much in the last year, if I was writing that article I would include him for sure - he has an amazing story to share with you.

Great week everyone...

Scooter will be featured in the article! he was so great to participate, truly inspiring

scarlettohara
12-06-2008, 10:12 AM
I hate to say it, everything has just gone down hill !:arrr: