PDA

View Full Version : Do you put ads in your members areas?

Cyndalie
12-03-2008, 12:35 PM
You post any ads or upsells in your members areas?

Whether it's for profits, added "content" or trades/favors with other programs?

Where do you post them if so?

If not, why not?

Evil Chris
12-08-2008, 10:00 AM
We used to have a lot of join trades in our member's areas but hardly any now.
That sort of thing worked a lot better several years ago.

Now, the only upselling we do inside member's areas are upgrades to our other sites, which give the original referring webmaster a referral payout.

Rochard
12-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Doesn't everyone?

Evil Chris
12-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Doesn't everyone?Not as much as they used to.

Cyndalie
12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
I remember when everyone had a store, on demand theater, cam show section, and a page of 'friends' all geared towards upsells as part of their members areas.

Then a 'cleansing' trend happened and everyone wanted to 'treat their customers like gold' and not make them pay for ads until they realized that that didnt' make them more money, so now the trend is back I guess.

Crak_JMan
12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Ulust does EXTREMELY well in members area ;-)

Evil Chris
12-09-2008, 08:34 AM
I remember when everyone had a store, on demand theater, cam show section, and a page of 'friends' all geared towards upsells as part of their members areas.

Then a 'cleansing' trend happened and everyone wanted to 'treat their customers like gold' and not make them pay for ads until they realized that that didnt' make them more money, so now the trend is back I guess.I think you're right. The upselling from the member's area is making a comeback. It's just not as effective as it once was.

DutchTeenCash
12-10-2008, 07:51 AM
members upsell 1 banner yes and Im very picky what to put there

Ive seen members areas with 25+ upsell ads on 50 non exclusive pics - horrible