PDA

View Full Version : I've been published in XBiz World magazine

Evil Chris
12-10-2008, 09:09 AM
I wrote an article last month and was unsure where to submit it. A friend suggested XBiz World magazine so I figured "sure why not?". I used to write articles a lot years ago, and I do enjoy it. Maybe I'll be writing a lot more now.

Anyway, check it out. It is a hot topic these days. You can read the online digital edition of the December issue.
http://www.xbizworld.com/digital/online/

It starts on page 14 and continues on page 96.

Thanks XBiz!

Kristine
12-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Congratz Chris!

Panky
12-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Awesome! Good job Chris!

http://www.icando4u.com/smile/smiley_thumbsup.gif

JoeD
12-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Nice job Chris; it's about time you got back in print :wow:

Evil Chris
12-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks all! Joe... I agree. It was nice to finally get inspired to write something.
My hope is to do it a lot more. :)

Cyndalie
12-10-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm getting an error on the xbiz page but I will try it again a bit later.

Right on Chris, I keep hearing good things about this article. I can't wait to read it!

Visualad
12-10-2008, 03:06 PM
I like what you´ve written. And I recognize alot of things that you mention in the article - that we been practicing since day 1.

One of those are to LIMIT the length of free video clips. You say 60 secs in your article, we´ve been around 15-45 secs for years.

Webmasters VERY OFTEN wants longer and longer clips. Some free sites even have 2-5 minute "minimum length policies" when using sponsor clips...etc.
And I know alot of programs are giving webmasters all that they are asking..

We go to great lengths to make each webmaster happy, but there has got to be some limit. If someone is asking for lots of free content or super long clips - we usually talk to them and help them with their promotion instead of just giving it. That in the end usually ends with more sales for them.

I agree with you on that the amount of free content used has gone out of control. And a simple way to increase sales for both affiliates and adult affiliate programs is to limit the free content that is floating around.

Good work on the article Mr Evil!

Jimmidean
12-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Saw it in the print version congrats

Evil Chris
12-10-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm getting an error on the xbiz page but I will try it again a bit later.

Right on Chris, I keep hearing good things about this article. I can't wait to read it!Thanks Cyn... well basically the article isn't anything we don't already know. It's about the vast amounts of free content that's out there, and how it's finally catching up to us in terms of sales and how me make sales.

But it's also a plea to program owners and webmasters alike to change our mindset about the whole thing. To recognize that this big content giveaway has to stop. I hope it changes a few minds out there.

plugin
12-11-2008, 07:02 AM
congrats man

Funbrunette
12-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Great reading Chris! Good article. :xthumbs:

Rania
12-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Congrats Chris :)

Mr. Burns
12-12-2008, 05:54 PM
excellent.