PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Thrower beaten in custody

Cyndalie
12-16-2008, 02:46 PM
The Iraqi authorities have said the 28-year-old will be prosecuted under Iraqi law
Iraqi lawyers have speculated that he could face charges of insulting a foreign leader and the Iraqi Prime Minister, Nouri Maliki, who was standing next to President Bush during the incident. The offence carries a maximum penalty of two years in jail.
As he flung the shoes, Mr Zaidi shouted: "This is a goodbye kiss from the Iraqi people, dog."
The shoes themselves are said to have attracted bids from around the Arab world. (up to 10m)
The brother of the Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush has said that the reporter has been beaten in custody. Muntadar al-Zaidi has suffered a broken hand, broken ribs and internal bleeding, as well as an eye injury, his older brother, Dargham, told the BBC.
The show throwers family was arrested under Saddam's regime
He had previously been abducted by insurgents and held twice for questioning by US forces in Iraq.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7785338.stm

Evil Chris
12-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Almost worth the beating though isn't it? ;)

That clip will be shown for centuries to come.

Rochard
12-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Fuck this idiot. I'm not a supporter of Bush, but we show our "respect" (or lack of) by approval ratings - Not acting like little kids.

Not sure what planet everyone else is living on, but you can't fucking throw shoes at leaders of other countries. That fucking President of Iran comes to the US and he's allowed to speak here, and we don't throw shoes at him. And if anyone did throw a fucking shoe at the President of Iran, he'd be arrested too.

Panky
12-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Whether it was immature, inappropriate, and illegal to throw a shoe, his point was made loud and clear. Nothing else matters after that. He just did what a lot of people were thinking themselves. Instead of using a gun or another type of weapon, he chose his shoes, which is pretty harmless, but still gets the point across. Mission accomplished.

Kristine
12-17-2008, 10:39 AM
He should throw with some paint, not with the shoe. Bush did a lot of bad things and he doesn't deserve any respect!

12ClicksMichele
12-17-2008, 01:40 PM
The article stated he was a little known journalist. He will be known and remembered now thats for sure.

Lawrence Connor
12-17-2008, 11:49 PM
So who got "OWNED"?

George W. Bush, or Muntadar al-Zaidi?

Isn't it important to know precisely, who here, was "OWNED"?

I ask here, as I have reason to feel you are good at knowing these type of things.

Evil Chris
12-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Fuck this idiot. I'm not a supporter of Bush, but we show our "respect" (or lack of) by approval ratings - Not acting like little kids.

Not sure what planet everyone else is living on, but you can't fucking throw shoes at leaders of other countries. That fucking President of Iran comes to the US and he's allowed to speak here, and we don't throw shoes at him. And if anyone did throw a fucking shoe at the President of Iran, he'd be arrested too.Oh please.... Bush is a twat and has been a shitty president. He's lucky to get through 2 terms without a lot more projectiles launched his way.

Rochard
12-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Oh please.... Bush is a twat and has been a shitty president. He's lucky to get through 2 terms without a lot more projectiles launched his way.

This is very true - but the truth is for the next month he is still the leader of one of the most powerful countries on the planet.

The leader of any nation, no matter what size, deserves respect at all times.

Crak_JMan
12-18-2008, 04:00 PM
This is very true - but the truth is for the next month he is still the leader of one of the most powerful countries on the planet.

The leader of any nation, no matter what size, deserves respect at all times.

Agreed 100%, hell if I would throw my shoes to everyone who's an assclown I'd be shoeless.

This was a stupid thing to do and by looking at it be paid for it... What an idiot.

Evil Chris
12-18-2008, 06:18 PM
The leader of any nation, no matter what size, deserves respect at all times.You sure about that? I'll give you a chance to re-word it. ;)

TheLegacy
12-18-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm sure now he's thinking, "Damn, wish I had actually hit him with the shoe with all this shit"

SBR Richard
12-19-2008, 01:58 PM
i'd be surprised if this guy got beaten in custody.. doesn't bode well for the new government

Rochard
12-19-2008, 02:46 PM
You sure about that? I'll give you a chance to re-word it. ;)

Yes, I'm very sure about it.

I'm a former US Marine. When I signed up, I agreed to "serve at the pleasure of the President" no matter who that person was. You respect the office, not the person.

Evil Chris
12-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Yes, I'm very sure about it.

I'm a former US Marine. When I signed up, I agreed to "serve at the pleasure of the President" no matter who that person was. You respect the office, not the person. I was in the service too, so I respect that, but you said "any nation"...

How long were you a Marine?

Quagmire
12-22-2008, 03:40 PM

Not sure what planet everyone else is living on, but you can't fucking throw shoes at leaders of other countries. That fucking President of Iran comes to the US and he's allowed to speak here, and we don't throw shoes at him. And if anyone did throw a fucking shoe at the President of Iran, he'd be arrested too.

Pretty much covers it. I don't have any respect for the man, but I have a lot of respect for the position he holds. The guy should be charged and should face some jail time because of it.

Rochard
12-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I was in the service too, so I respect that, but you said "any nation"...

How long were you a Marine?

I was in the Marines for four years.

If I woke up one morning and suddenly discovered I was on the security detail for the Iranian president, well, that's that. I do my job. I don't share my thoughts, comments, or political ideals with the leader of another country.

I surely don't throw my shoes at him.

bluemoney
12-22-2008, 07:50 PM
I agree with Rochard on this one.

Rochard
12-22-2008, 08:04 PM
It's just common fucking sense already.

I live in Northern California; I can't order fast food without speaking fucking Spanish these days. But if the President of Mexico comes up for a visit I'd offer him the same respect that I would offer the President of any country.

And in a country like Iraq.... Where people used to get beheaded for such antics? He's lucky all he got was beat. He insulted the leader of a country that currently currently holds Iraq's balls in the palm of their hands.

carol.prime
12-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Temper and respect is a must...

Cyndalie
12-23-2008, 11:40 AM
It's just common fucking sense already.

I live in Northern California; I can't order fast food without speaking fucking Spanish these days. But if the President of Mexico comes up for a visit I'd offer him the same respect that I would offer the President of any country.

And in a country like Iraq.... Where people used to get beheaded for such antics? He's lucky all he got was beat. He insulted the leader of a country that currently currently holds Iraq's balls in the palm of their hands.

My sentiments as well.