PDA

View Full Version : Maple Leafs on FIRE!

Evil Chris
03-11-2003, 02:58 PM
My Toronto Maple Leafs appear to be extremely serious about going all the way to the Stanley Cup this year!!

Not only did they pick up Owen Nolan last week from San Jose, but they got Glen Wesley now on their blueline and only moments ago they got Dougie Gilmour and Phil Housley!

WOO HOO! Go LEAFS!!! :xthumbs:

sherie
03-11-2003, 03:18 PM
We now have to be one of the oldest teams out there!! Glad to see that Doug is back, BUT he was traded for a reason, and as soon as he was he was on fire!! He is great in the playoffs, but I am hoping that they did not sign him to a long term contract!!

At least all of my autographed Gilmore shit won't look so stupid when I pull it out!! LMFAO

GO LEAFS GO

We gonna have some good times this play off season!! I am going to go to as many games again this year as possible!!:D

Visualad
03-11-2003, 03:24 PM
still somewhat related to the thread topic..

one of my fave movies when I was younger was Young Blood, with ROB LOWE.

damn.. I was glued watching that. I think it was canadian little leauge or something.

:D

Evil Chris
03-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Ready to kick ass in the playoffs!!!!

sherie
03-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Ready to kick ass in the playoffs!!!! LOL look at you looking so tough!! hehe!

AdultLegal-Jim
03-11-2003, 03:52 PM
"Not only did they pick up Owen Nolan last week from San Jose, but they got Glen Wesley now on their blueline and only moments ago they got Dougie Gilmour and Phil Housley! "

And the Boston Bruins ARE SOOOOOOOOO good they did nothing!!!

(please note the sarcasm in my post, I know you can't hear it.)

sherie
03-11-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by AdultLegal-Jim
"Not only did they pick up Owen Nolan last week from San Jose, but they got Glen Wesley now on their blueline and only moments ago they got Dougie Gilmour and Phil Housley! "

And the Boston Bruins ARE SOOOOOOOOO good they did nothing!!!

(please note the sarcasm in my post, I know you can't hear it.) Oh yea!! Heard that loud and clear! LMAO

AdultLegal-Jim
03-11-2003, 03:54 PM
Oh wait we picked up Ian Moran

Scew Wesley, housley, gilmour and Nolan here comes Ian Moran!!

(please note this is even more sarcastic than the last)

Magnus3x
03-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Dougie Gilmour

:laughout:

Shit.. are they are gonna start handing out wheelchairs with jerseys!!! and of course free bandwagons for the fans.. he he he

Ronaldo
03-11-2003, 04:09 PM
I thought that I couldn't hate the Maple Leafs anymore than I did, BUT, they go and get the biggest fucking whiner ever to play the game in Gilmour.

Well, to all of you Leafs fans who thought that "Stand Pat" was part of your teams failing in recent years, wait and see. From one extreme to the other. TOO many trades and new acquisitions. Good luck with the chemistry boys.

My prediction: First round loss to the Flyers

:nyanya:

Evil Chris
03-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Ronaldo
My prediction: First round loss to the Flyers

:nyanya: Blasphemy!!! :arrr:
You must now walk the plank Ron!!!

Funbrunette
03-11-2003, 05:07 PM
LEAFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nyanya:

sherie
03-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
LEAFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nyanya: I guess we'll see who wins in the playoffs......oh that's right, Montreal won't be there:D

Ronaldo
03-11-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
LEAFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nyanya:

Things must be fun around your house during a Leafs/Canadiens game on Saturday nights :D

StuartD
03-11-2003, 06:23 PM
The Leafs are now looking like the 1997 all star team...

Doug never was much good on any team other than the Leafs. So... even if he did fall apart after leaving, who's to say he won't pick up his game again now that he's back?

Honestly... with the calibre of players on the team now, and Sundin leading the way... age won't be much of a problem. They've got so much natural skill on that team now, along with experience... they've got a real shot at being a power house.

McAttack
03-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by sherie
I guess we'll see who wins in the playoffs......oh that's right, Montreal won't be there:D

Montreal has tons of championships, Toronto keeps talking and talking but no championships in DECADES. Toronto hasn't won the cup since 1967. But you listen to the CBC (oddly enough, IN Toronto) and every year "This year they can win it" Yeah right!

The BEST acquisition they made this past week was Glen Wesley. Nolan, one good body check and he won't make it to the playoffs and let's face it, the Leafs aren't angels. They go out and hit everyone, so there's a good chance guys are gonna target him.

As for Housley and Gilmour, the rentals, they're not needed. Gilmour is ok, played well last year in the playoffs for the habs, but he never got to form this year. I hope he gets a decent playoff run, but I don't think the Leafs will win the cup. And this is their best chance to do it.

They're just too damn self-destructive! The Leafs always take aggressive hockey too far and end up with stupid penalties.

sherie
03-12-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by McAttack
Montreal has tons of championships, Toronto keeps talking and talking but no championships in DECADES. Toronto hasn't won the cup since 1967. But you listen to the CBC (oddly enough, IN Toronto) and every year "This year they can win it" Yeah right!

The BEST acquisition they made this past week was Glen Wesley. Nolan, one good body check and he won't make it to the playoffs and let's face it, the Leafs aren't angels. They go out and hit everyone, so there's a good chance guys are gonna target him.

As for Housley and Gilmour, the rentals, they're not needed. Gilmour is ok, played well last year in the playoffs for the habs, but he never got to form this year. I hope he gets a decent playoff run, but I don't think the Leafs will win the cup. And this is their best chance to do it.

They're just too damn self-destructive! The Leafs always take aggressive hockey too far and end up with stupid penalties. Sweetie take a deep breath, I am talking about the future!! Leafs are in and Montreal is out, sad as it is, as I like to see as many Canadian teams in the playoffs as possible. I don't quite think that they will win, but who the hell knows, what I do know is that I get to watch hockey and my team at that make it as far as they possibly can into the playoffs. It's always nice to have warm weather and hockey. As for them hitting everyone, so fucking what LOL I love that, other's may hate it but not I, not even when Eddie the Slashers starts. It's all fun and games until someone loses the game!! ;)

McAttack
03-12-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by sherie
Sweetie take a deep breath, I am talking about the future!! Leafs are in and Montreal is out, sad as it is, as I like to see as many Canadian teams in the playoffs as possible. I don't quite think that they will win, but who the hell knows, what I do know is that I get to watch hockey and my team at that make it as far as they possibly can into the playoffs. It's always nice to have warm weather and hockey. As for them hitting everyone, so fucking what LOL I love that, other's may hate it but not I, not even when Eddie the Slashers starts. It's all fun and games until someone loses the game!! ;)

Ggrrr!!! :bonk: I just hate the Leafs!
Yup, habs are out. I can accept that. What I can't accept is how SHITTY they're playing. it's so frustrating to watch it. On paper, they should be up there.

As for the leafs playing aggressive, great, it's their style and in the playoffs, you have to play rough. But I'm saying that this could penalize a guy like Nolan who has very bad back problems. He's been playing in the west where it's a lot less rough. I jsut hope the Leafs don't lose Nolan in the playoffs.

And I wasn't angry when writting the last one, sorry if it sounds like it. I just wanted to get a lot out. I can talk hockey all day long, but my cats don't listen to me. hehehe

sherie
03-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by McAttack
Ggrrr!!! :bonk: I just hate the Leafs!
Yup, habs are out. I can accept that. What I can't accept is how SHITTY they're playing. it's so frustrating to watch it. On paper, they should be up there.

As for the leafs playing aggressive, great, it's their style and in the playoffs, you have to play rough. But I'm saying that this could penalize a guy like Nolan who has very bad back problems. He's been playing in the west where it's a lot less rough. I jsut hope the Leafs don't lose Nolan in the playoffs.

And I wasn't angry when writting the last one, sorry if it sounds like it. I just wanted to get a lot out. I can talk hockey all day long, but my cats don't listen to me. hehehe Those damn cats!! LOL

I understand what your saying, I would hate to see the devistating injuries that happened last year happen this year. I mean we even have to watch out for Roberts and he plays bloody tough in the Playoffs. Dayum, he pretty much carried the team last year along with Domi and Tucker.

It's all in good fun! Like I said I am not a fan at all of the Canadiens, however, I am all for Canadian teams taking it!!

dyonisus
03-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Going all the way?? Hmmm....
I love the leafs, dont get me wrong.. what Torontonian would not?
Each year as playoffs loom I wonder aloud, can they really do it??

Ill watch them make it to the semi finals and then be disappointed if they fail to go to the cup!!

I WANNA SEE THE LEAFS WIN BEFORE LONG!!

Visualad
03-16-2003, 09:59 AM
stop all this ranting about the leafs. to us europeans that doesnt say much. :D

lets talk about this movie Young Blood instead.

What league where they playing in anyway? I think they where in toronto..

And doesnt that girl (forgot her name) have some nice natural tits?:D

soo... there ya go.

Evil Chris
03-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Visualad
stop all this ranting about the leafs. to us europeans that doesnt say much. :D

lets talk about this movie Young Blood instead.

What league where they playing in anyway? I think they where in toronto..

And doesnt that girl (forgot her name) have some nice natural tits?:D

soo... there ya go. I think the movie was supposed to be set somewhere in the US... probably in the north Minnesota area. Not set in Canada. Hey I just recall that Patrick Swayze was in that movie. :bonk:

Visualad
03-17-2003, 05:09 AM
I think the movie was supposed to be set somewhere in the US... probably in the north Minnesota area. Not set in Canada. Hey I just recall that Patrick Swayze was in that movie. :bonk:

hehe.. yeah swayze was in it... good guy.

but I´m 99% sure it was toronto or vancouver or something. anyone know?

:D

McAttack
03-17-2003, 11:09 AM
I think the movie was supposed to be set somewhere in the US... probably in the north Minnesota area. Not set in Canada. Hey I just recall that Patrick Swayze was in that movie. :bonk:

And Keanu Reeves was the goalie! I'm serious! I (sadly) remember that movie. I even remember the crappy move Lowe pulled for the penalty shot goal. Circled back (all in slow motion) came up to the puck, OH NO he over shot it, NO, he gets it with his back skate and brings it up to his stick... bah! horrible movie.

"Let me teach you how to play hockey" and the first thing they do is go to a punching bag!!! No wonder Hockey got such a bad rep!

Evil Chris
03-17-2003, 11:14 AM
I think I remember enjoying that movie when I first saw it. It came out in 1986... How time flies. Now it just seems very "fromage" to me...
Hehehe... you're right about Keanu Reeves! I checked it out...
(edit: nice hair, guys... ) LOL

Becky
03-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Whooo Hooo!! I LOVE the Leafs.

I am in with you Chris.....they gotta win this year...It has just been too long!

sherie
03-17-2003, 12:03 PM
How about that Gilmore?! Can that guy not manage to get injured or what? I was skeptical about his return, and I knew that he'd get hurt the first game and be out!! The Magic 8 Ball never lies:rolleyes:

Phoenix
03-17-2003, 12:04 PM
haha...i think Gilmour will be an extra weapon in four weeks...the Leafs all the way baby....:)

sherie
03-17-2003, 12:10 PM
Until he gets hurt again!! We don't need him to win, not like he is going to make much of a difference in the 3 or 4 games that he is not injured for:rolleyes: LOL

Ronaldo
03-17-2003, 12:58 PM

The storyline was a US punk kid coming to play Canada's game.

Rob Lowe and Patrick Swayze played for a team in Hamilton and their arch nemesis was the Thunder Bay Bombers.

The league, I'm assuming would be something similiar to the OHL or WHL as the players were waiting to be drafted.

Visualad
03-17-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Ronaldo
The storyline was a US punk kid coming to play Canada's game.

Rob Lowe and Patrick Swayze played for a team in Hamilton and their arch nemesis was the Thunder Bay Bombers.

The league, I'm assuming would be something similiar to the OHL or WHL as the players were waiting to be drafted.

yeah.. but wasnt it in Toronto? I think they where walking the streets and saying how toronto was such a boring place or something..

fuck.. I dont remember. :)

Ronaldo
03-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Visualad
yeah.. but wasnt it in Toronto? I think they where walking the streets and saying how toronto was such a boring place or something..

fuck.. I dont remember. :)

That might have been where it was shot, I don't know. But I do know the team supposedly played in Hamilton.

Oh and FYI, the girls name was Cynthia Gibb, and yes she is a hottie.