PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs has a hormone imbalance

Cyndalie
01-05-2009, 02:38 PM
He finally comes clean saying that he isn't ill, he has a hormone imbalance after his pancreatic cancer surgery that has caused him to lose weight - he's not dying and he's not stepping down.

I'm sure stockholders are relieved.

Evil Chris
01-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I don't hold stock in Apple, but it's always a relief to find out death isn't at one's door!

JoeD
01-06-2009, 08:40 AM
I don't hold stock in Apple, but it's always a relief to find out death isn't at one's door!

And surely he is still a driving force behind the continuing Apple success story...

Cyndalie
01-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Jobs is just a front man, the innovation of the company goes way beyond Jobs, the product development and marketing teams deserve alot of credit. Some die-hards say if Jobs dies or is out they won't buy apple anymore, but really that's BS, no mac addict is going to go PC because Jobs is out of the picture. Im not sure why stockholders are so worried. But Oppenheimer did upgrade their stock portfolio today.

JoeD
01-06-2009, 10:59 AM
"The CEO has been inextricably linked to his company's fortunes since he helped revive the Mac computer and spurred a digital renaissance with the iPod media player and the iPhone. Jobs didn't do it alone, but continued anxiety over his health suggests the company has yet to persuade investors or Macolytes that Apple could survive without him.

"Why is everybody obsessed with Steve? I think the answer is very simple," said Paul Saffo, a technology forecaster who teaches at Stanford University. 'Apple has not yet convinced the world that Apple without Steve will continue with the same powerful vision.'"

Source:
http://www.latimes.com/features/health/medicine/la-fi-jobs6-2009jan06,0,1923647.story

dyonisus
01-06-2009, 07:09 PM
I visionay company that loses vision when the fearless leader is no longer available, imagine that