PDA

View Full Version : Who here runs free sites?

Cyndalie
01-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Anyone run free sites either as their primary project or as a marketing tool to promote sponsors or their paysites?
If so, what kind of free sites do you run (TGP, link directory, tube, blogs, etc)?
How often do you update them?
Any SEO luck with them?

Evil Chris
01-06-2009, 03:21 PM
When I read free sites... I thought you meant the standard free site. ie.. a warning page, an index page, and two pages with the free content. (a 4 page free site)...

I still have a lot of those and they still bring in joins on OLD content.

But I also run a handful of TGPs, blogs, etc. Some of them I update occasionally, and some run quite well on auto-pilot.

dyonisus
01-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I have a couple, I run them mainly to divert traffic to affiliates, I am using hella old content as well...

Evil Chris
01-06-2009, 10:44 PM
I need to get some of mine with updates.... soon.

Nymph
01-07-2009, 06:31 AM
I do the links site & tgp thing in adult, and links site & topsite in mainstream...mine are updated daily. I do pretty well for listings in the search engines...I get a lot of traffic from them anyways.

Rochard
01-07-2009, 01:07 PM
I run a network of blogs...... I update them daily.

http://www.rochardsbunnyranch.com/blog/trades

hostchecker
01-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Sure, free sites are a must
http://photosnag.com/img/1949/t08j1110iyaz/cool.gif

CIVMatt
01-07-2009, 09:49 PM
When I read free sites... I thought you meant the standard free site. ie.. a warning page, an index page, and two pages with the free content. (a 4 page free site)...

I still have a lot of those and they still bring in joins on OLD content.

But I also run a handful of TGPs, blogs, etc. Some of them I update occasionally, and some run quite well on auto-pilot.

You know what's funny... old content is new again... a few years pass and long lost sets disappear and end up being useful all over again.

dyonisus
01-07-2009, 10:50 PM
I agree about the old sets get new again after market saturation dwindles.

I have some old matrix content I am changing the licenses on to allocate to new free sites

Rochard
01-08-2009, 12:27 AM
You know what's funny... old content is new again... a few years pass and long lost sets disappear and end up being useful all over again.

I agree. I think "old content" is okay. It's new to you if it's your first time seeing it.

Cyndalie
01-08-2009, 11:00 AM
I do the links site & tgp thing in adult, and links site & topsite in mainstream...mine are updated daily. I do pretty well for listings in the search engines...I get a lot of traffic from them anyways.

Do you automate the updates?

Nymph
01-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Do you automate the updates?

I personally check each submit, either site, or gallery. Then I run the update through which ever script I'm using to build all the new pages.

bluemoney
01-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Pretty much the same as Nymph here.