PDA

View Full Version : Best Domain Registrar - EVER!!!!

EvilDan
01-06-2009, 05:49 PM
last week one of my staff advised me that we lost one of our operational domains

Huge fuck up on his part

So I contact my domain registrar and say - "please help, we lost an important domain name and someone else picked it up"

So - the CEO of this domain registrar gets on the phone to the company that picked up my domain name

And guess what - he got my domain back for me

And the company involved - Moniker.com

Monte - you are fucking wonderful for helping a webmaster in such a shit situation

I have a pile of domains still with Fabulous and I am going to get my staff to transfer them all to you right now

Guys - you may save a few $$$ not being with a registrar like Moniker - but domains are like real estate, and you need someone like Monte on your side

Thank you Monte - You rock!

Evil Chris
01-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Dan that's a great story!

How did he manage to get it back for you?

spicoli
01-07-2009, 12:09 PM
good story, but i think you've always got 30 days after expiration in which you can still re-activate and it's yours.

30-day Deleted Name Redemption Grace Period
http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/redemption-proposal-14feb02.htm

Quagmire
01-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I like godaddy and don't care what anyone says about them. There are good and bad points with any domain reg so I stick with what has worked for me.

Never tried Moniker though, but glad they took care of business for you. What Monte did is above and beyond the call of duty and you most definitely should write a nice letter to the company about his high level of customer support.