PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Dine at Phoenix Forum...

Dean
03-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Sanctuary is a resort just nearby the La Posada and is located high atop Camelback Mountain.

The views are stunning and the restaurant, Elements, and bar, Jade, are first class. Anyone interested should check out this link:

http://www.sanctuaryoncamelback.com/

Dean

LaurieX
03-12-2003, 02:29 PM
Wow that place looks incredible ::-|

twinkley
03-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Wow!

That place looks sweeet! Any sponsors interested in hosting a dinner there?? hehehehe

yumm!

twinkley

poppy
03-12-2003, 02:45 PM
What's up Dean! Man, that place looks sweet dude. Laurie, we may have to check that out. Anyone else???

sherie
03-12-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by twinkley
Wow!

That place looks sweeet! Any sponsors interested in hosting a dinner there?? hehehehe

yumm!

twinkley I'm thinking that I should be talking to my girl Amber to set something up there!! WOOHOO!!

twinkley
03-12-2003, 03:21 PM
You can count me in Poppy!! I definitely want to check it out!

twinkley

LaurieX
03-12-2003, 04:17 PM
Yeah guys I agree we need to get a group together to go there and eat then hit the the Jade bar. We have to plan it around the sunset that would be AWESOME!!:xthumbs:

Evil Chris
03-12-2003, 04:38 PM
I won't be making it this year, but if you are in the mood for some Sushi while at the Phoenix Forum, check out SAPPORO. It's top notch!

shawcutie
03-12-2003, 06:06 PM
Are you THE Dean???

:D :D

Dean
03-12-2003, 06:43 PM
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD?

.... as in DALLAS!

I know that there's a new sheriff in town ~ Bill Parcells. He should make Emmitt's absence livable, eh? Looking forward to seeing you, Brad, and the whole Shaw crew in Phoenix ~ :)

Dean

Jeff N
03-12-2003, 06:59 PM
Evil Chris,
Good call on Sapporo's.. some of the best shusi in Phoenix. They have the teppan yaki tables also. My brother is one of partners of this restaurant so I may be a little bias...:)

Deano, what's up buddy? Dallas is back in the playoffs next year.. Btw, if there is anyone that knows the hot spots of Phoenix it's
Deano
Hello to ShawCutie, watch out Phoenix...

Dean
03-12-2003, 07:50 PM
Jeff N.

Thanks for the kind words. I can vouch for Sapporo's ~ as I was there last Friday. The dining room and bar are swanky, but the weather was perfect for the patio.

Later that night, I crossed the street for Gilly's, upscale sports bar & restaurant by day and club at night ~ lot-o-beautiful people ~ like ShawCutie ~ :D

PS: My Jets face Washington in the season opener, but may have allready been downed by Snyder's backhanded back offices moves: He's signed four of our JETS!, JETS!, JETS! free agents: :bonk:

WR: Lavarnues Coles
OG: Randy Thomas
PR: Chad Morton
K: John Hall

XXXPhoto
03-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Jeff N
Evil Chris,
Good call on Sapporo's.. some of the best shusi in Phoenix. They have the teppan yaki tables also. My brother is one of partners of this restaurant so I may be a little bias...:)

Jeff N,

Got a number or URL for Sapporo's? Sweet T got me hooked on shusi years ago but there aren't any decent places around here to get it... Oh, they make it, but it's crap compared to the 'good stuff'... ;^)

Would like reservations for two on Sunday... mmmm

Several years ago went to a seafood place called "The Rusty Pelican", the calimari was very good there... strips, not the rubber rings... :p

Jeff N
03-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto
Jeff N,

Got a number or URL for Sapporo's? Sweet T got me hooked on shusi years ago but there aren't any decent places around here to get it... Oh, they make it, but it's crap compared to the 'good stuff'... ;^)

Would like reservations for two on Sunday... mmmm

Several years ago went to a seafood place called "The Rusty Pelican", the calimari was very good there... strips, not the rubber rings... :p

Yes, I do have number and URL. It's a great looking place.

www.sapporo-restaurant.com Phone Number 480) 607-1114

You are going to love this place. Let me know if you end up setting a reservation, I will make sure you get a free appy sent your way...

XXXPhoto
03-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks Jeff!

Will most likely hit it late happy hour on Sunday for some sushi then stay on for a Teppan dinner... That Jellyfish tank looks very trick indeed!

My mouth is watering for spicy tuna rolls and calimari steak already... lol

Will wait to make reservations once I get to PH on Wed, I'm sure I'll run into you Thurs at the show... thanks for the 411!

twinkley
03-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Okay, not being a sushi person, I have to ask...

What is Teppan?

twinkley

Evil Chris
03-13-2003, 10:06 AM

What is Teppan?

twinkley If I'm not mistaken, Teppan is the the preparation of the food before you. Sitting around the hot grill watching the guy flip stuff around before he serves it to you.

XXXPhoto, last time I went to Sapporo I had the eel. You should try it. I shyed away from it for a long time, but once I tried it I was hooked. (pun, I know) :p
Also, make sure you do some Saki bombs. hehehe....

twinkley
03-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Hmmmm

JellyFish Tappan??? Sounds Nasty!!!

Eel is good .... Sweet T took us out for sushi in Montreal - wouldnt tell me what anything was, just made me eat it. Afterwards, he asked what I liked and what i didnt and told me what each was.... surprise surprise i LOVED the teriyaki eel! I would have NEVER tried it if it wasnt for Sweet T :)

twinkley

shawcutie
03-13-2003, 12:39 PM
LOL...cutie is blushing...

:D :D

Hey Dean, Hey Jeff ;)

What kind of trouble have you guys been into lately?
Dean, hows the weather there???
The Cowboys...in the playoffs...LOL...Riggghhhhtttttt ;)

Jeff N
03-13-2003, 01:38 PM

What is Teppan?

twinkley

Twinkley,

here is a quick summary of Teppan Yaki
先ほども述べましたが、OED CD-ROMの真の価値は、フルテキスト検索にあります。OED 全巻のテキストを対象に、複雑な検索を行なうことができるこのモードは、強力な反面、注意して使わないと思 わぬ結果になります。

Opps
;) Just kidding..(i have no idea what that says :) .actually, a simple definiton would be "A cooking method which uses a thick steel plate to grill" But the fun part of the Teppan Yaki tables is the presentation. The Teppan Chef prepares all your food in front of you. The TC is a highly trained chef usually (hopefully) very good with knives.....Anyways, try it out some time..

Shaw C, I am not kidding. The Boys will be in the playoffs next year... Parcells has a history of turning around teams quickly.. wait and see...

shawcutie
03-13-2003, 05:32 PM
You are just looking for a excuse to come to Dallas ;)