PDA

View Full Version : I see you've met my faithful handyman

Rochard
01-15-2009, 12:15 AM
ring any bells cats?

Vid Vicious
01-15-2009, 01:59 AM
one of my fav musicals of all times .. rocky horror picture show ..

Funbrunette
01-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Not one for musicals, any good?

Evil Chris
01-15-2009, 08:47 AM
For years I heard about The Rocky Horror Picture Show and when it finally came out on VHS (around 1990 I think) I rented it.

What a letdown. I'm not a fan at all.

Vid Vicious
01-15-2009, 11:23 AM
For years I heard about The Rocky Horror Picture Show and when it finally came out on VHS (around 1990 I think) I rented it.

Jesus you waited till 1990 to watch it ??? wtf back in junoir high we'd sneak out to Downtown's York theater (it played every saturday till they closed down) to see the freaks at the Rocky horror, bring all the props, water sprey bottle, toilet paper, toast, newspaper, lighter .. some peeps came in fully tranny gear . and everybody got up on stage for the Time Warp !

it's a cult classic .. not a VHS movie ! ... to feel the Rocky horror expeirence you need to see it in the theater .. but don't dispair it still plays every Halloween in a couple of theaters in town. and there is always a stage show at the community theater down on St jaques street in St henri.

Vid Vicious
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xoTQC4S8IL4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xoTQC4S8IL4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rochard
01-15-2009, 11:40 AM

Watching it at home in the privacy of your own living room doesn't do the show justice. It's a horrible movie really, very strange, and not overly funny. However, when you go to a a local performance, see the peeps all dressed up as their favorite character, people acting it out the movie in front of the screen, 200 people dancing the time warp, throwing rice and burnt toast and the other audience interaction..... It's less about the movie and more about having fun.

Evil Chris
01-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Hey what can I say? I'm not that into chick flicks! ;)

Vid Vicious
01-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey what can I say? I'm not that into chick flicks! ;)

ROFLMAO .. Its far from being a chick flick ... when the stage show came out, it was huge .. had an amazing following ... then the film was out and went totally hey wire in the 80's ... like i said earlier .. At 15 I was heading down to York theater as often i could to be part of this wacky fun, one time i had to spend the night on the mean streets of st cathrine street cus i had missed the last bus to laval .. my first experience on my own, all night living on the street drinking loads of coffee to stay up... to this day I try to attend Rocky horror on Halloween .. this past halloween I was at a rocky horror Halloween party, hosted by the cast of Rocky horror stage show in montreal ... Next year I'll make it a point to invite you with .. and you can xperience the rocky horror picture show the way it was meant to be seen with audience partica ....................pation

Rochard
01-15-2009, 03:13 PM
We used to go see it every Saturday night....... What a blast!