PDA

View Full Version : Habs fans should stop dreaming of Lecavalier

Evil Chris
01-15-2009, 08:55 AM
What a dumb move if Montreal were to deal away some of their best current players and prospects for Vincent Lecavalier. These rumours are swirling around Montreal and the rest of the hockey world right now.

And for what? Because he's a French-Canadian superstar player who's a local boy? This is not 1965, and Sam Pollock is long gone. Bob Gainey should know better than to delve into these kinds of things. I never want to see Vincent Lecavalier in a Habs uniform.

Ronaldo
01-15-2009, 10:21 AM
You may never want to see it, but it IS going to happen. Rest assured.

Crak_JMan
01-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Aren't you a leafs fan?

Lecavalier will be a great addition to Montreal... We should trade Koivu for him ;-)

Evil Chris
01-15-2009, 01:19 PM
You may never want to see it, but it IS going to happen. Rest assured.This sounds like an official prediction!

Aren't you a leafs fan?

Lecavalier will be a great addition to Montreal... We should trade Koivu for him ;-)I am a Leafs fan, but you know that I'm also a Habs fan. I hope you're joking JMan. Montreal has nice chemistry clicking for them right now and upcoming prospects are only going to improve the team. Trading them away for Lecavalier would be a bonehead move.

dyonisus
01-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Go leafs Go! Man I miss the days of the Sittler / Lafluer leafs/habs match ups! the good ole hockey

Evil Chris
01-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Go leafs Go! Man I miss the days of the Sittler / Lafluer leafs/habs match ups! the good ole hockeyI totally hear you Heath!

Those were my early teen glory days too. Saturday night and Hockey Night in Canada with Ken Hodge. :)

Ronaldo
01-17-2009, 12:24 AM
Ah Darryl Sittler. Fuck those are some OLD memories. Sad that the Leafs haven't won the cup since before THAT even.

Leafs in 2020! ...the playoffs that is. We'll all be long gone before they win the cup again.

Evil Chris
01-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Ah Darryl Sittler. Fuck those are some OLD memories. Sad that the Leafs haven't won the cup since before THAT even.

Leafs in 2020! ...the playoffs that is. We'll all be long gone before they win the cup again.So you mean they WILL win it? Eventually? :bless:

Ronaldo
01-17-2009, 12:31 PM
So you mean they WILL win it? Eventually? :bless:

Oh of course they'll win it eventually. You and I won't be around to see it, but it'll happen. Unfortunately you were born about 30 years too late. The Leafs just can't compete, and WIN, in a league with more than 6 teams.