PDA

View Full Version : icq - i think i'm screwed right?

lulu
02-09-2009, 11:47 AM
this weekend i messed around with my icq. long story short, i messed up on the password tried to do a password retrieval. it should be sent to my regular email addy which is in my icq profile. no problem right - i've reset my password this way before. for whatever reason, its not sending me an email with a new password. :( its def the correct email addy in my icq profile.

yes, i know. i should write the password down somewhere i'd remember to look.

any ideas?

Evil Chris
02-09-2009, 03:38 PM
How old is the account?

Sometimes it's strange with old ICQ accounts. The original email address I used for my account back in 1996 is obviously no longer any good. However, if I were to ask for my password to be sent to me, it would go THERE. Unreal... I know.

I have another 6 digit ICQ number that I can't for the life of me remember the password for, or even the email address I originally used way back when. So that particular account is pretty much done.

lulu
02-10-2009, 10:12 AM
thanks Chris. you're the only one who gives a crap about my icq woes. lol

Vid Vicious
02-11-2009, 07:39 PM
so whats happened ? were you able to get it back ?
Nu, spill it

lulu
02-11-2009, 08:04 PM
naw, never was able to. did you see my sig? new icq number. lol add me please. :)

blonda80
02-12-2009, 03:23 AM
happened to me too. you should try again.

lulu
02-12-2009, 10:13 AM
happened to me too. you should try again.

i tried a password retrieval 5 times so far. ah well, its arleady old news now but thanks.

DonMike
02-12-2009, 03:42 PM
I've had this happen to me too. You lose your icq password so you can't log in, so you have the system send you your password but it goes to a defunct email address, and you can't change your email unless you log in with your password that you've forgotten. I wonder how many unused icq numbers are in their system for this very reason. You think they would devise a system for this problem since being one of the longest running messenger systems I'm sure millions of users have had this problem.

lulu
02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
I've had this happen to me too. You lose your icq password so you can't log in, so you have the system send you your password but it goes to a defunct email address, and you can't change your email unless you log in with your password that you've forgotten. I wonder how many unused icq numbers are in their system for this very reason. You think they would devise a system for this problem since being one of the longest running messenger systems I'm sure millions of users have had this problem.

precisely