PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the Academy Awards?

Evil Chris
02-22-2009, 10:21 PM
I thought Hugh Jackman did a good job as host.

I don't agree with him that the "musical is back" however.
I can't stand most musicals.

Rochard
02-23-2009, 12:15 AM
I watched some of it but found it rather dull.

lulu
02-23-2009, 09:07 AM
i actually watched none of it. i don't even know who won yet. i'll check it out online later. :)

Vid Vicious
02-23-2009, 09:46 AM
found it to be very dull ... the intros were so long that in some cases were more like visual torture .. I felt Hugh needs to stick to action films.

BRING BACK BILLY !!!!

Evil Chris
02-23-2009, 10:20 AM
found it to be very dull ... the intros were so long that in some cases were more like visual torture .. I felt Hugh needs to stick to action films.

BRING BACK BILLY !!!!Hugh Jackman in action movies (XMen) is actually a fraction of what he's accomplished so far in his career. He sings and dances quite well too and I thought he did a bang up job, bringing a lot of class to the Oscars. He could host again sometime, but one person I'd like to see host it again is David Letterman. :laughout:

I didn't see Slumdog Millionaire but it seems to have been the favourite, having won a bunch of awards including best picture.

I liked how they presented the actor and actress awards this time around, with previous winners introducing the nominees. That was smart, and well done.

Well done to Sean Penn as best actor! I haven't seen his portrayal of Harvey Milk yet, but Sean has always been one of my favourite actors.

Magnus3x
02-23-2009, 10:33 AM
I watched (forced by wifey L:) the intro and found it funny and entertaining, then when I saw the way they were going to intro the nominees.. HOLY shite I said this is gonna take 16 hours to finish. So I watched big love instead.

DrChango
02-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Only caught part of it. Still think most award shows are a bit smarmy and too self-congratulatory, but that's the nature of the beast I guess.

I think Hugh Jackman was very dignified as the host.

I agree with Chris, I don't really like musicals, but that being said, we might not have a choice. Bollywood is going to be a big player in the years to come, and they totally <3 musicals. I've action movies out of India where in the middle of a fire fight the opposing sides start singing and dancing.

Janell
02-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Nope I was busy at the park. I'm taking advantage of the 70+ degree weather. I'm so out of the cool kid inner circle.

Cyndalie
02-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I was watching Lakeview Terrace instead.

NicAngel
02-23-2009, 04:49 PM
I liked it. I appreciated the effort to switch it up a bit.

Evil Chris
02-23-2009, 05:39 PM
I was watching Lakeview Terrace instead.How did you like that? I didn't think it was very good at all.

Visualad
02-23-2009, 05:44 PM
I watched 2 short periods.. one where they made fun of Joaquin Phoenix And the other where Hugh sackman and Beyonce were doing their thing..

Did not take long until I had enough and changed channel. Oscars is fucking boring to watch.. really. ;-)

Funbrunette
02-23-2009, 06:20 PM
I was too tired, still recovering with my HOt date Friday night :smoker:

Thanks EC :heart: