PDA

View Full Version : Google or Yahoo?

thruma
03-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Which do you use?
I optimize for google but oddly enough for a long time I mostly used yahoo for search.
Recently though I've been using google more and I have to say it's pretty damn good. It really seems to be getting the searches right these days.
One of the reasons I stopped using them a few years back is because the results were never accurate until you delved into page 2 or 3.

I've been doing all my searches with google for the past few days and I have my answer within the first 3 results if not the first.

One of the things that I'm finding annoying with yahoo these days is I go there with a search in mind and I get distracted by all the news and everything else they have on that front page so an hour later I do my search but hell it's an hour later.

With google there's nothing to distract, you do your search and spend your time looking at what you actually wanted to search for.

Evil Chris
03-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I agree with pretty much everything. I try to optimize for Google but conduct most of my day to day searches on Yahoo. I've always been like that.

I do like all the extra stuff that Yahoo offers and I participate in things like fantasy sports. I've had the same Yahoo email address for over 10 years now too.

HeavenLeeGoddess
03-23-2009, 11:03 PM
I love google for searches..... but i love yahoo mail and messanger....

thruma
03-24-2009, 08:31 AM
I do like yahoo with all it's extras. I think what I'm going to do from now on though is search google when I need an answer right away with no fluff. And when I have more time to waste I'll hit yahoo. One of my fave things with yahoo is that search suggestion that pops up while you're typing.

Funbrunette
03-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Yahoo :)

Magnus3x
03-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Yahoo for real time financials/stocks/options.

Google for absolutely everything else.