PDA

View Full Version : May chat thread

Cyndalie
05-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Hey guys! I wanted to try an open thread to post about anything, you know ... twitter here :)

Anyone else sick of this freaking non stop rain? I'm pissed b/c my azaelas are in full bloom and it's the best picture taking time in our yard and by the time this crap clears out it may be over :(

I got $350 worth of maintenance done to my car over the weekend and it's running awesome again. I still have alot of work to do but it's 10 years old and always done me right so it's time to take care of it.

HeavenLeeGoddess
05-05-2009, 11:37 AM
I cant wait for our garden to grow..... We've been getting it ready and planting some things.......

Its always great to get your car fixed when its not running right...... Glad yours is running awesome:)

lulu
05-05-2009, 12:39 PM
all is good for me these days. my time is busy with the mad rush mode pre-europe. i'm going on vacation, barcelona, south of france and italy. ya i know - shut up Lulu, we don't want to hear it. i leave very soon, in less than 2 wks.

ya, my car is on the fritz.

DrChango
05-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I still need to buy a replacement for my old Volvo. Looking to buy a beat-up but serviceable pick-up on the cheap.

Evil Chris
05-05-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm having a sugar maple and a lilac bush delivered today. I dug the holes for them yesterday before supper. Went out and bought some bone-meal, topsoil, and sheep shit just for the occasion.

Had my winter tires removed this morning, and the summer ones put on. Would have been tough to drive home on the rims, no matter what we've seen on COPS.

I have my first softball game of the season tonight at 9pm. I fully expect to stink up the batter's box. One thing for sure, I will be stretching out prior to the game!

Cyndalie
05-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Fun Chris! You have to show pics of your gardening!

We picked up a rosemary busy, 3 basil plants, oregano and 2 cherry tomato plants last weekend. We are sticking to creating a container garden this year, our yard just doesn't get enough sun to sustain vedgies - after 2 years I've learned my lesson. Instead I'm focusing on outdoor toys for the baby :)

We got this the other weekend it was nice.
http://pix.myphotoalbum.com/c/cy/cyn/cynd/cynda/cyndalie/albums/album34/img_3680.sized.jpg

DrChango
05-05-2009, 02:21 PM
that reminds me, I need to water the plant in the kitchen=)

Cyndalie
05-06-2009, 09:12 AM
I bought a new garden hose. I forgot how expensive they are!

I wish this freaking rain would stop already. 5 days straight now.

lulu
05-06-2009, 10:52 AM
my dog is snuggled up next to me as i work away on our multilingual SEO packages. its really interesting actually. i'm digging it. aside that i need to get an alternator for my car i think. i'll know tomorrow.

Evil Chris
05-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Cyn, your backyard is great. Big, and a lot of mature trees.

I managed to get the lilac bush in today, but only half done with the tree. I found that I have to take it out and dig deeper. But this area is horrible for rocks and I just got exhausted.

Vid Vicious
05-07-2009, 01:48 AM
just finished up my work week. I've got a contract that should take about 30 -40 hours, how ever i'm able to get it done in 2 and half days, mind you I do about 15 hours day, easy.
this allows me to work on my other projects, write and bitch about how i don't have enough hours in the day to keep everyone happy.
tomorrow (thursday) will be spent paying bills, cleaning house and blocking a commercial script I'll be shooting sometime this month.

Cyndalie
05-07-2009, 11:34 AM
We are on our 9th straight day of rain here.

WTH!!!

12ClicksMichele
05-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Getting excited for my daughter. Tonight is her first formal event. They are taking a graduation dinner cruise. She wants me to do her makeup and can't wait to see her all done up in her dress. She is 14 now but I still call her "the baby" all the time. I know I am going to end up crying. Can't believe she is graduating 8th grade and that my son will be a junior next year.

student4ever
05-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Cynd - your yard is GREAT! I've got to get back to mine, just have to find the time...

No rain here at the moment, hoping for a little more wind so I can go kite flying with the kids in the next couple of days.

lulu
05-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm waiting on a friend for dinner right now. Mikado is the restaurant on laurier street in montreal. One of my japanese restaurants in town. The sake is getting cold. Just asked for a warm up. :)

Cyndalie
05-08-2009, 10:40 AM
In Florida we didn't have 8th grade "graduations" unless you were in a catholic/private school. I never had a party or formal event. It seems a little silly to me, like an 'end of innocence' celebration. We did have an 8th grade class trip to Disney world tho, there and back, no overnight.

Vid Vicious
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm waiting on a friend for dinner right now. Mikado is the restaurant on laurier street in montreal. One of my japanese restaurants in town. The sake is getting cold. Just asked for a warm up. :)

what are ya plans for a soir ?

HeavenLeeGoddess
05-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I love this beautiful weather..... I love not having to wear heavy clothes......

lulu
05-08-2009, 06:09 PM
what are ya plans for a soir ?

a little more work, power nap and then who knows? you?

tomorrow is hair dresser and more pre trip stuff. going to see my mom on sunday.

Rochard
05-09-2009, 01:51 AM
What rain? It never rains here. I love the weather here.

DrChango
05-11-2009, 02:50 PM
I wish it would rain here more, my sinuses do not appreciate the dry

Cyndalie
05-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Baby is gettign 4 teeth in at once. Been 2 fun filled nights, let me tell you

DrChango
05-12-2009, 03:22 PM

teething doesn't look like a whole lot of fun

lulu
05-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I wish it would rain here more, my sinuses do not appreciate the dry

that does suck.

Originally Posted by Cyndalie http://www.xnations.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.xnations.com/showthread.php?p=156997#post156997)

that sucks for you and the baby.

i'm finishing work right now and watching American Idol.

Cyndalie
05-13-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm bummed about Traffic Dude. I love that company, so very professional and smart people.

lulu
05-14-2009, 04:32 AM
i'm up at this ungodly hour. if was into twitter, i'd say : going to kill roomate. i wonder if Cyndalie is up with baby? ;)

DrChango
05-14-2009, 12:29 PM
i'm up at this ungodly hour. if was into twitter, i'd say : going to kill roomate. i wonder if Cyndalie is up with baby? ;)

my roommate that would keep me awake moved out of his own volition. I now have a bathroom to myself as well as a second bedroom for my weights and my computer. I do have two roommates still, but they don't leave their TVs on while they sleep

lulu
05-14-2009, 09:20 PM
i'm in my jammies and going to read in bed. goodnight :)

DrChango
05-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I think tonight I'm going to just sit at home and read. I've got so many books in my queue, lol