PDA

View Full Version : To retire or not retire, that is the question

Cyndalie
05-06-2009, 09:17 AM
This is beyond rediculous. Why even bother retiring after one 'comeback' with the Jets? Now the guy just looks like a sore quitter.

Farve in talks with the Vikings
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S915988.shtml?cat=1

If Farve comes back will Madden give it another go too?

:viking:

LAJ
05-07-2009, 01:12 PM
I stopped caring about Favre. Either shit or get off the pot. He had an opportunity to go out gracefully a few years back when he had an unexpected stellar year. Now he just looks like a joke.

student4ever
05-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Is it really a retirement when you've only retired for a small period of time in the off season? :laughout:

I just don't get it with athletes at that level. You've had an amazing career, so why ruin it by trying to keep going? They end up limping along for a few years, bouncing from team to team, becoming a bigger and bigger joke... sad really...

Don't these guys watch movies and have any understanding? Of course, now I'm trying to remember the name... Dennis Quade? Everybody's All American? Maybe somebody should send Brett the DVD.

Cyndalie
05-08-2009, 10:37 AM
I agree. I guess in his mind there's always another record to break, another million to make. His agent must have a deal with the devil. It'll take a career ending injury to sideline him for good.

student4ever
05-08-2009, 12:20 PM
It'll take a career ending injury to sideline him for good.

or like most of the others that have done the same thing over the years... just not getting any play time and no other teams will take them on...

Jerry Rice... Joe Montana... and a whole lot of other lesser names...

HeavenLeeGoddess
05-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Is it really a retirement when you've only retired for a small period of time in the off season? :laughout:

I just don't get it with athletes at that level. You've had an amazing career, so why ruin it by trying to keep going? They end up limping along for a few years, bouncing from team to team, becoming a bigger and bigger joke... sad really...

Don't these guys watch movies and have any understanding? Of course, now I'm trying to remember the name... Dennis Quade? Everybody's All American? Maybe somebody should send Brett the DVD.

I totally agree with this guy.....

bluemoney
05-09-2009, 11:03 AM
It's a pity Favre screwed up his legacy.

Janell
05-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Being a Vikings fan is hard enough we don't need any more drama. It's like a bad relationship in junior high he loves me he loves me not.

FortressDewey
05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Unless something has changed, I believe Farve is going to stay retired. I keep hearing how it is so tough for anyone that has played as long as he has b/c it's all he knows.

As a born & raised Packer's fan, I hope he stays retired, not b/c I don't want to see him play (it would be weird with him in purple) but b/c I don't want to see him get hurt.