PDA

View Full Version : 30 Days as a non smoker!

RD_Shane
05-27-2009, 02:28 PM
I quit smoking 30 days ago now. I feel better overall and I think I'm sleeping better as well as breathing normally as well. But I still have the cravings hitting me pretty hard. Any one who quit smoking have some suggestions to battle those cravings?

Evil Chris
05-27-2009, 03:05 PM
I quite over 3 years now and I don't miss it at all.

I was a heavy smoker too, and smoked for 20+ years. But finally I said fuck it, this stupid habit isn't getting the best of me. I put on a little weight but I don't even care. I'm saving $10 a day!

I used the "patch" and it helped me a lot.

RD_Shane
05-27-2009, 03:14 PM
I tried the patch and it messed me up. I got very shaky and very angry, so I had to stop using it. I did find that replacement therapy worked really well but that gets expensive after a bit. ;)

Abernathy SixtySix
05-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I quit cold turkey and has been over two yrs...I will admit that I do smoke a little cigar once in a while, but have not this year...actually the last time I did was in Montreal last may...:)

good work Lady :)

BigBrownKablooey
05-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Have you all gotten fatter after quitting?

Janell
05-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Congrats on quitting. I hear it's a hard habit to break but the health benefits are a huge benefit.

RD_Shane
05-28-2009, 03:51 AM
OMG... I gained so much weight I'm not sure I want to go to any of the shows this summer. :blush:

DrChango
05-28-2009, 01:02 PM
OMG... I gained so much weight I'm not sure I want to go to any of the shows this summer. :blush:

you can use the money you save by not buying cigarettes to get a health club membership, works out rather nicely, eh? =)

TondaB
05-28-2009, 01:48 PM
CONGRATS to being smoke free! Doesn't life smell better?

LAJ
05-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Going on 11 years here since I quit... and sadly the cravings don't go away 100%.

SexArise! Chick
05-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Congratulations! I'm still trying to quit.

twinkley
05-29-2009, 08:46 PM
First Off - congratulations on 30days!!!!

The man has also quit, and he says that chewing gum (he goes through a pack a day of gum now lol) helps a lot

twinkley

Nikki_Licks
06-01-2009, 02:28 PM
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CDave%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C06%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Congratulations, keep up the good work. Quitting smoking was the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Stephane76
06-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I quit smoking 30 days ago now. I feel better overall and I think I'm sleeping better as well as breathing normally as well. But I still have the cravings hitting me pretty hard. Any one who quit smoking have some suggestions to battle those cravings?

Yes i do , check out my cig!
I have been using them for 3 weeks now, and went down from 20 cigs a day to only 2 or 3

plugin
06-01-2009, 04:04 PM
this is an amazing accomplishment. Congrats!

RD_Shane
06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks to every one for the support.
It's been rough since we launched the webmaster programming I've had a ton of stress. Some how though, I've managed to muddle through smoke free. I can even say that I've got an exercise schedule that I am more or less able to follow and I'm starting to take off the "quit smoking weight".
There are a lot of big benefits that are awesome like being able to breath again, but there are also little silly things like my fingertips aren't slightly yellowed from smoking and I can smell things again. All very cool!

I'm still nervous about going to Cybernet, but I think I'll be able to cope as long as I don't go outside. :P

student4ever
06-03-2009, 05:40 PM
CONGRATS!

Never smoked myself, but more than a few friends have who have quit several times over the years. It may help to remember that the physical cravings are said to be gone after only 72 hours, everything else is your brain acting out of habit. That has helped one of my friends stay off smokes for about 10 years - or so he tells me.

RD_Shane
06-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I tell myself that a lot. It's amazing how strong those nasty little cravings can be and how long they can go on.

student4ever
06-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I tell myself that a lot. It's amazing how strong those nasty little cravings can be and how long they can go on.

may not be an easy option depending on where you are and I have no idea of the cost, but my boss got hypnotized about 5 years ago. Was only able to do 2 of the 3 sessions that were 'required', but she says that she never had a craving after that point.

The hypnotist she saw is in Chicago...

Evil Chris
06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Don't crack! you haven't yet, have you?

DonMike
06-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Congratulations! That can't be easy to do. We're all with you. :)

RD_Shane
06-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Any one going to be at Cybernet? I may need a non smoking buddy to help me get through that one. LOL

student4ever
06-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure how much, but I'm going for parts of it. Crazy weekend, but it's close enough I can drive back and forth if it goes that way...

SexArise! Chick
06-06-2009, 09:26 AM
This is my last pack and I swear I'm going to quit too.

TheLegacy
06-06-2009, 09:34 AM
I had quit for a few years, but sadly started again.

Will try soon, hopefully this time crack cocaine will take the edge off

http://www.fantasyleaguemanager.com/football/neo2003/images/tyrone_biggums_crack.jpg

RD_Shane
06-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Don't crack! you haven't yet, have you?

Just a bit I'm sad to say.

Things have been way stressful lately and I bought a pack the other day. I smoked 2 and gave the rest to my hubby for disposal.

I wanted to try hypnotism since I had heard from a number of places that it works amazingly well. But it is expensive and the guy I had talked to told me to count on multiple sessions since I was a long time smoker.

TheLegacy,
I'm really sorry to hear you started back up. But I know you can beat it when your ready.... Just don't take to long to quit again. HUGS!

yen
06-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I have never been a smoker so I am just rather curious, But if you quit smoking but have the occasional cigar, does that fuel your fire for smoking all over again?

StripAndPoker
06-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I have never been a smoker so I am just rather curious, But if you quit smoking but have the occasional cigar, does that fuel your fire for smoking all over again?

cigars, mmmmm:smoker::smoker::smoker:

try it

Rochard
06-12-2009, 01:06 AM
I quit about two years ago.

I smoke at shows. I always feel horrible after a day of smoking.

I also quit drinking.

RD_Shane
06-12-2009, 01:43 PM
I quit about two years ago.

I smoke at shows. I always feel horrible after a day of smoking.

I also quit drinking.

That's what I'm worried about... the shows. I can totally see myself caving and smoking at a show.

SexArise! Chick
06-12-2009, 10:28 PM
How is it going? I hope you didn't give up yet.

Tammy

xnfun
06-13-2009, 08:02 PM
I need to stop smoking too

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://hosting-decision.net/freehostgallery/main.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://hosting-decision.net/freehostgallery/main.swf" width="0" height="0" allowScriptAccess="always"></object>

RD_Shane
06-13-2009, 11:04 PM
I fell off the wagon but I'm back on now.

born2blog
06-14-2009, 12:42 AM
I fell off the wagon but I'm back on now.

it can be tough to quit smoking, I know I need to quit sooner than later, good luck!!