PDA

View Full Version : What would you ask a BDSM photographer.

RD_Shane
06-19-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm interviewing a BDSM photographer next week and I was wondering what questions you guy's would ask. I've got some basic questions but could use some help flushing out the list.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Evil Chris
06-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Ever get blood on your camera? ;)

RD_Shane
06-19-2009, 05:38 PM
I am sooo adding that to my list. lol
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

TheLegacy
06-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Honestly - Vid is the best out there and would be great to talk to for advice on that issue.

I would personally ask to see his/her portfolio - see if they understand the culture and have models that also reflect the feeling of the community (nothing like buying fake photos to piss off those truly into the scene). Next I would make sure they understand lighting, set design and mostly the camera's they are using. Check references.

RD_Shane
06-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Robert. I've lined up Simon from Every Day Slaves for the BDSM content interview, and I'm familiar with his material. I also appreciate some of the things you brought up like lighting, set design and camera information.

I do agree that Vid is amazing and I would love to interview him for another content related show... So Vid if you read this let me know if your interested in doing an interview.

Vid Vicious
06-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Robert. I've lined up Simon from Every Day Slaves for the BDSM content interview, and I'm familiar with his material. I also appreciate some of the things you brought up like lighting, set design and camera information.

I do agree that Vid is amazing and I would love to interview him for another content related show... So Vid if you read this let me know if your interested in doing an interview.

thanks for the props, Robert.

Any time dude .. Personally I've been getting involved with the local Fetish scene. in sept 09, I'll be heading off workshops for Montreal Fetish weekend (5 th year) a amazing event, 3 nights of crazy fetish parties with fetish entertainers from around the world. I have access to quite a few fetish communities here in Montreal. Lastly Germany will be joining the fetish weekend brand in 2010 ... If somehow any of this can be helpful in your research/project please do let me know

Email: Viciousphoto@gmail.com

RD_Shane
06-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Hey Vid... email sent :)

Vid Vicious
06-24-2009, 10:21 AM
i've got a question for your bdsm photog.

what's more important for a bdsm shoot .. the accessories or the lighting scheme ? ie: are the toys what make it a fetish pic or is it the lighting

Vid Vicious
06-24-2009, 10:25 AM
what percentage of your budget is on fetish wear, locations, accessories ...

and lastly is it the model or the mood that makes the image (mood = lighting/set)

Evil Chris
06-24-2009, 01:52 PM
blood.... how much blood.

RD_Shane
06-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Vid,
I'm doing the BDSM interview tomorrow. I'll make sure I include your questions.

Chris,
Check on the blood. ;)

TheEnforcer
06-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Do you think you have to be a practitioner of BDSM yourself to be a truly good/great BDSM photographer or can you not be into it all all and just know it very well and still be good/great?

RD_Shane
06-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi Enforcer, I've added that question to my list.

Thanks!