PDA

View Full Version : Do you like to attend LIVE sporting events?

Evil Chris
06-22-2009, 08:56 AM
I have gone to see all kinds of live sporting events. I find them more entertaining than going to see a concert in most cases.

Obviously I've been to a ton of hockey games. There is nothing quite like a Saturday night game in Montreal when the Toronto Maple Leafs are in town, or vice versa in Toronto.

I've also been to a lot of Montreal Expos games. Too bad we couldn't hold on to that team, but it was mis-handled for years and we got what we deserved, really. I even got to a couple of Toronto Blue Jays games back in the early 80s when I was living in Toronto. I saw those games at the old Exhibition Stadium before Skydome was built.

I've been to a couple CFL games and they're a lot of fun too since the crowd is so into it, but I've never been to a pro soccer match.

RD_Shane
06-22-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't normally go to sporting events but my best friend and her hubby convinced us to check out a hockey game with them. I have to admit I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing more games now.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

student4ever
06-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Love live sports! Mostly football, although my beloved Raiders have rather sucked for the past few years... :( Still fun to go to games though. You'll just have to trust that there is nothing like a Raider tailgate party. lol

Went to a minor league baseball game Saturday night. Even though the level of play is not as good as the majors, the games are more fun. Smaller crowd and the players are willing to interact with the fans - great for the kids. No bad seats when the stadium only holds 15,000. Hit a major league game with the A's or Giants from time to time.

Ages since I've been to a hockey game - just over two hours to get to a Sharks game. Hoops are always exciting to go to. We've got the Kings and Monarchs here.

Overall, I'd MUCH rather go to a game than watch one on TV

Cyndalie
06-22-2009, 03:03 PM
I love going to hockey games, action packed from start to finish.
Football games are ok. Alot of breaks and the crowd can be a big factor in how enjoyable it is, along with the weather.

Evil Chris
06-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Never been to an NFL game. I'd like to go to one sometime though.

TheEnforcer
06-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Totally depends on the sport.

Football- Love it live. Nothing I enjoy more than watching a game with our families season tickets for the Packers. Watching the Badgers live is fun too.Only bad thing about going to a live game is you miss a bunch of other good games on TV, especially if it's an afternoon game rather than a noon start game. There are no bad seats at Lambeau Field or Camp Randall Stadium IMHO.

Baseball- I enjoy a live game a lot though tv adds a lot to the game. Baseball has seats that really affect the enjoyment of watching a game though.

Basketball- I'll go and watch a Wisconsin Badger basketball game live and enjoy the hell out of it. Could care less if I ever see an NBA game live.

Golf- I don't think i'd ever want to see golf live. Just too much you miss cause there are so many people doing things you mis a ton of great stuff.

Hockey- Only been to a few minor leauge hockey games live and I really enjoy it. Only watch hockey playoffs on tv. Not much during the regular season at all. Best game I ever saw was in 2006 when the Badgers had to go into triple overtime to beat Cornell 1-0 to advance to the frozen Four and on to winning the national title. Just a series of amazing saves and defense. Crowd was going absolutely nuts the whole time.

NASCAR and Indy Car racing- I enjoy watching both on tv and I'd like to go to one once to see if I like it live too. Preferably at Daytona or Talladega for NASCAR and the Indy 500 for NASCAR. Of course I would probably get in a fight cause I could resist giving fans of Dale Earnhardt Jr. shit for being fans of his. LOL

Soccer- not a big fan of the sport but I'd love to go to europe and see a Manchester United soccer game or go to a World Cup match in a foreign country. Zero desire to see it here in the states.

Horse/Dog Racing - I absolutely LOVE to go to horse racing and dog racing live. Love betting the horses and dogs. Would love to go to all of the Triple Crown races live.

Abernathy SixtySix
06-29-2009, 05:07 PM
I would much rather be at the game than watch it on TV....I am looking forward to seeing Toronto FC this summer :)