PDA

View Full Version : Jon and Kate plus 8

Janell
06-23-2009, 02:12 PM
So I have watched the show like twice 4 years ago. I heard the buzz so I tuned in to see what they had to say and yes they are getting divorced. What I didn't expect was to feel really really bad. Kate made a statement that the reality show wasn't a factor as she believes this would have happened and I beg to differ. They are going to be flip flopping so the kids can stay in their house. Tell me how is that going to work exactly.

student4ever
06-23-2009, 05:39 PM
couldn't care less about the show... never watched it and am more than tired of the media coverage... but, on the flip flopping with the kids...

it's something that is actually getting on the common side. Rather than displacing the kids and making them go to different places to stay with one parent, then the other, the kids get to stay put and only have to know one 'home'.

The people I've talked with don't consider it a long term solution, it's generally something that's done as a cost savings option and the parents 'share' a low cost apartment while they sort things out. I can't imagine them having to consider a cost savings option though... Maybe it's a matter of the logistics of carting 8 kids between houses?

Evil Chris
06-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Never even heard about it until recently.

Sounds like a lot of lame drama!

Janell
06-24-2009, 12:10 PM
So I was sitting there last night thinking about how exactly this would work ie who gets to sleep in the bed and how on earth would either parent move forward with another relationship. I'm not really down sharing Mon-Thurs so that someone else can sleep there on the weekend.

student4ever
06-24-2009, 01:18 PM
I think that's why it's considered a short term solution. I truly can't imagine even considering it if you had the finances to do something else.

bluemoney
06-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Looks like a Southeast Asian Orphanage

Janell
06-25-2009, 12:04 PM
So Jon is getting some action by a much younger girl. He can't possibly want more kids. I just might start watching the show if I get to see Kate vs new GF cat wars. MEOW.