PDA

View Full Version : Blu Cigs?

Evil Chris
07-07-2009, 10:44 AM
I noticed something in Liz's sig file that I had to check out.
I had never even heard of these Blu Cigs before.

Anyone ever try them?
I think I'd feel strange using them out in public. It's a cigarette, but it's not. :confused:

LizAEBN
07-07-2009, 11:13 AM
*laugh*

Chris, a little slow on the uptake these days? *teasing*

As a heads up - capacity was overblown by a much larger margin than we ever anticipated, so orders are currently on hold while back orders are caught up.

I've used them all over the place - restaurants in SF and Vegas, LA and NYC; airplanes and airports; nightclubs and malls. I've gone from a pack/ pack and a half a day to maybe four.

Having said that, I'll let you ask your questions ;)

RD_Shane
07-07-2009, 12:51 PM
I did the same thing Chris did... saw the sig and clicked the link. Pretty interesting stuff there.
Have you been hassled any where using those? What caught me was the bit about using them on airplanes and airports...
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SexArise! Chick
07-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I just checked it out. That's pretty cool.

Tammy

LizAEBN
07-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I did the same thing Chris did... saw the sig and clicked the link. Pretty interesting stuff there.
Have you been hassled any where using those? What caught me was the bit about using them on airplanes and airports...
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Well, I will cop to being a pussy. Most times on the plane, I'll make a bathroom run and "smoke" there. I have used them in public on planes and in airports, though, and while I have gotten a few weird looks, I generally puff on it as they start, and the blu LED makes it pretty clear it's not an actual ember. Failing that, I will take it as an educational opportunity.

Vid Vicious
07-07-2009, 02:51 PM
i tryed one last weekend .. not the same thing realy

LizAEBN
07-07-2009, 03:32 PM
i tryed one last weekend .. not the same thing realy

Nope, it's not - the "smoke" is water vapour, and it does feel different in the throat 'cos it's much lighter. The "cigarette" is heavier on the end, because it's a battery not tobacco.

There's definitely a learning curve for smokers, but it's been incredibly beneficial to me on various fronts. For times when I can't smoke - like those I mentioned before, as an example - it's pretty awesome. I mean, being able to have these with me has made cross-country flights MUCH more pleasant.

Evil Chris
07-07-2009, 03:47 PM
I guess it would make long flights bear-able to the really heavy smoker. I think Colin from Wasteland (who is a very heavy smoker) once told me he uses nicotine patches on any flight he takes that is more than an hour.

I probably wouldn't even use this product though, based on how many looks and questions I'd get on it. Eventually, I'd likely feel like telling people to piss off! ;)

LizAEBN
07-07-2009, 05:33 PM
I guess it would make long flights bear-able to the really heavy smoker. I think Colin from Wasteland (who is a very heavy smoker) once told me he uses nicotine patches on any flight he takes that is more than an hour.

I probably wouldn't even use this product though, based on how many looks and questions I'd get on it. Eventually, I'd likely feel like telling people to piss off! ;)

Sounds like Colin.

I think he ordered some after Vegas last month :)

dyonisus
07-07-2009, 09:26 PM
my boss came home from a show with one, funktified cigarette, she lasted on it for a couple of days, next time I saw her back to reg ciggies.

born2blog
07-08-2009, 12:57 AM
I've been seeing ads for these all over the place online lately, I'm curious what they are like exactly