PDA

View Full Version : WTF?!? Connot move/delete PSD files ??

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
03-21-2003, 12:41 PM
When trying to move/rename/delete PSD files, I get an error that some other program or person is using the file ... I am behind a firewall, and photoshop is not even open ... somebody told me to reboot and it would release the file .. but that did not work .. andy idea why this is happening ??

Anybody ??

StuartD
03-21-2003, 12:50 PM
something is still accessing the psd file. Probably photoshop.

Is it still open in some program or being viewed?

XXXPhoto
03-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Hungryman,

You might try right clicking on the file and going to 'properties'... make sure that none of the 'Read Only' , 'Hidden' or 'Archive' boxes are checked.

Another trick is to slowly double click (or right click and go to rename) and rename the file. Don't just call it something different, change the file extension to .txt or .html or .rotinhellgatesyoumotherfucker Once you do that, then attempt to move/delete it.

Hope that works for ya...

wsjb78
03-21-2003, 12:55 PM
Hungryman:

are you setup on some network where others have access to your files?

Mister X
03-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Occasionally a file gets locked and not unlocked. It usually happens when a program crashes or something but it can happen at any time. usually the reboot thing works but sometimes you have to actually turn off the box for a few seconds to get it released. It can also happen with programs that have some kind of quick start thingy in your taskbar.

JohnDempsey
11-22-2011, 04:40 PM
something is still accessing the psd file. Probably photoshop.

Is it still open in some program or being viewed?
Recovery photoshop documents there is a adobe photoshop recovery (http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/photoshop.html). The utility uses modern wizard allowing to scan and analyze invalid psd data and repair it. The tool is compatible with any system configuration.

pf69.com
11-23-2011, 12:05 PM
nice bump on a 8 y/o thread!!

Evil Chris
12-10-2011, 10:51 PM
nice bump on a 8 y/o thread!!No kidding! I'll leave it there for fun. :laughout: