PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Corner...

sherie
03-22-2003, 07:53 PM
WOW! Anyone see those two? I wonder if there will be any fall out from the network for that.

Ronaldo
03-23-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by sherie
WOW! Anyone see those two? I wonder if there will be any fall out from the network for that.

Shit, what did I miss? What did I miss? :confused:

AdultLegal-Jim
03-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Is that Don Cherry's show?

They played it on the radio here in Boston

We still love him in Boston :D

Ronaldo
03-24-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by AdultLegal-Jim
Is that Don Cherry's show?

They played it on the radio here in Boston

We still love him in Boston :D

Yep, that's his show.

I still don't know what was said. Anyone?

sherie
03-24-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Ronaldo
Shit, what did I miss? What did I miss? :confused: Well they disagree on whether or not Canada should be part of the war. And you know how Don Cherry is! It was quite the little despute. Don is for and Ron is against. But it got pretty heated, not much talk about hockey on that Coaches Corner!

Evil Chris
03-24-2003, 12:33 PM
I missed it Sherie... I heard that Ron & Don got into a heated argument about the war in Iraq. Apparently Don supports it and Ron doesn't?

Ronaldo
03-24-2003, 12:35 PM
Damn, I would have liked to have seen that.

sherie
03-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I missed it Sherie... I heard that Ron & Don got into a heated argument about the war in Iraq. Apparently Don supports it and Ron doesn't? You must have typed this at the same time I was 'splainin' it =) Yup Don is for and Ron is against. It was quite heated. And you how overhearring Don can be, but good old Ron was not backing down!

McAttack
03-24-2003, 11:51 PM
You must have typed this at the same time I was 'splainin' it =) Yup Don is for and Ron is against. It was quite heated. And you how overhearring Don can be, but good old Ron was not backing down!

It was CRAZY! Wow! This helps my case. I still say Don Cherry will go nuts on air one day and completely lose it. He was close that time.

You gotta love how he brings geopolitics down to a simple analogy. "If your buddy got into a fight you don't ask questions. You just go and help him out"

Great, let's turn this war into a bench clearing brawl! Screw the special forces, send in the goons that don't make the playoffs!

Evil Chris
03-25-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by McAttack
Great, let's turn this war into a bench clearing brawl! Screw the special forces, send in the goons that don't make the playoffs! Bwahahaha.... now you're talking! I might tune in to check it out more often! LOL

By the way, here's the link (http://www.cbc.ca/pcgi-bin/templates/sportsView.cgi?/news/2003/03/24/Sports/cherry030324) to what we're talking about here.

Ronaldo
03-25-2003, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the link Chris.

From that article:

Cherry began his near-seven-minute tirade by apologizing to the U.S. on behalf of Canadians, saying that "years of pride went down the drain" with the Montreal fans' behaviour on Thursday.

The Coach's Corner tandem did not agree on the war in Iraq.

Cherry berated MacLean about being neutral on the subject, then slammed the Canadian government for its "lack of support to our American friends."

"I hate to see them go it alone. We have a country that comes to our rescue, and we're just riding their coattails," Cherry said.

Wow. Where have I heard THAT before? :nyanya:

McAttack
03-25-2003, 05:43 PM

From that article:

Cherry began his near-seven-minute tirade by apologizing to the U.S. on behalf of Canadians, saying that "years of pride went down the drain" with the Montreal fans' behaviour on Thursday.

Cherry berated MacLean about being neutral on the subject, then slammed the Canadian government for its "lack of support to our American friends."

"I hate to see them go it alone. We have a country that comes to our rescue, and we're just riding their coattails," Cherry said.

Wow. Where have I heard THAT before? :nyanya:

Hehehe, I wouldn't be TOO proud to be aggreeing with Don Cherry, this is the guy that said that it was impossible for a european player to have heart! Hehehe,

But Ron MacLean wasn't neutral, he made his position known, it was that Don Cherry was not accepting what Ron MacLean was saying. What Ron was trying to say was that everybody should have their own opinion, and with that info, Don tried to make him look like a tree hugging freak.

Ronaldo
03-25-2003, 06:04 PM
Hehehe, I wouldn't be TOO proud to be aggreeing with Don Cherry, this is the guy that said that it was impossible for a european player to have heart! Hehehe,

Yeah, that's right. And your point is??

But Ron MacLean wasn't neutral, he made his position known, it was that Don Cherry was not accepting what Ron MacLean was saying. What Ron was trying to say was that everybody should have their own opinion, and with that info, Don tried to make him look like a tree hugging freak.
The show is called Coaches Corner. As in Don Cherry's segment. Ron Maclean should know his place, and agree with the man who STOOD BESIDE HIM. At least one of them knows something about loyalty.

**Note-This response was purely satirical. While I have absolutely NO problem that Don Cherry and I agree on the issue that was debated (?) on Don's show, I'm a bigger fan of Ron MacLean. I also don't agree with everything that Don Cherry says (See quote 1 above).

McAttack
03-25-2003, 06:08 PM
Yeah, that's right. And your point is??

The show is called Coaches Corner. As in Don Cherry's segment. Ron Maclean should know his place, and agree with the man who STOOD BESIDE HIM. At least one of them knows something about loyalty.

**Note-This response was purely satirical. While I have absolutely NO problem that Don Cherry and I agree on the issue that was debated (?) on Don's show, I'm a bigger fan of Ron MacLean. I also don't agree with everything that Don Cherry says (See quote 1 above).

Hehe I dont' think too many people agree with everything Don Cherry says! He's like my grandfather. He'll say stuff to get a reaction. But let's face it, most hockey fans tune in to his rants. It's more fun that seeing some old goalie who couldn't stop a puck during his career talk about how everybody else is messing up during this game.

sherie
03-25-2003, 06:11 PM

From that article:

Wow. Where have I heard THAT before? :nyanya: One day he is totally gonna snap!! He sure does have some of the best analogies that's for sure!! I thought that they were going to go to commercial break!

And your right, Don was not letting Ron make a statement, he basically rushed him into saying that he agreed with Canada as appose to letting him remain neutral. But either way it was a pretty good one sided discussion LOL

PS McAttack, I don't think that Coaches Corner would be very entertaining without Ron IMO

McAttack
03-25-2003, 06:13 PM
One day he is totally gonna snap!! He sure does have some of the best analogies that's for sure!! I thought that they were going to go to commercial break!

And your right, Don was not letting Ron make a statement, he basically rushed him into saying that he agreed with Canada as appose to letting him remain neutral. But either way it was a pretty good one sided discussion LOL

Heheh I was laughing, I couldnt' believe what was happening. I was thikning "He has to stop SOMETIME and talk hockey!" hehe

sherie
03-25-2003, 06:16 PM
Heheh I was laughing, I couldnt' believe what was happening. I was thikning "He has to stop SOMETIME and talk hockey!" hehe LOL I couldn't believe my frickkin ears. I thought, WOW there is war on every channel and it's all over the boards, GREAT hockey is on. 3 hours of bliss, then looking forward to Cherry as always, BLAMO right back where I didn't want to be!! I was wondering, if a hockey topic was gonna come up before a blackout happened LOL

AdultLegal-Jim
03-26-2003, 09:22 AM
I forget what the Bruins had before a gam recently it may have been when they retired Terry O'reilly's number but the biggest ovations in order were

Bobby Orr - of course best hockey player that ever lived and you can't argue that with me, I'm from Boston!

Terry O'Reilly - His night

Don Cherry or Ray Bourque

Evil Chris
03-26-2003, 11:07 AM
It appears that CBC isn't going to take any action on this. I had thought maybe they would consider letting Don Cherry go over this, which would be a mistake in my opinion, but they're not talking about that.
Even the NHLPA is behind Don.

In Ron McLean's defence however, I'm glad he didn't back down from Don. Ron is usually one to ride the fence but he didn't this time.

sherie
03-26-2003, 12:05 PM
I certainly didn't think that they would let him go, but I thought that something may have gotten into some sort of shit, and he probably did. If you notice during that discussion, Ron was waving them off and telling them it was ok (them as in the producers) Because they were going to go to a break. Oh well, now maybe we can get on with the hockey news this Saturday. Wonder if Don will apologize....any wagers? LOL

McAttack
03-27-2003, 09:01 AM
I certainly didn't think that they would let him go, but I thought that something may have gotten into some sort of shit, and he probably did. If you notice during that discussion, Ron was waving them off and telling them it was ok (them as in the producers) Because they were going to go to a break. Oh well, now maybe we can get on with the hockey news this Saturday. Wonder if Don will apologize....any wagers? LOL

Don apologize? HAHAH! I'd LOVE to see that happen, but let's face it, he never will for anything.

Ever watch that show Life and Times on the CBC? I saw one a long time ago, it was a documentary on his life. It was very interesting. He's had hardships.

sherie
03-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Don apologize? HAHAH! I'd LOVE to see that happen, but let's face it, he never will for anything.

Ever watch that show Life and Times on the CBC? I saw one a long time ago, it was a documentary on his life. It was very interesting. He's had hardships. I did infact see a bit of that documentary.

I feel that if the CBC wants him to apologize he will??? LOL He may not out right apologize to Ron, but he will go about it in a round about way IMO =)

Evil Chris
03-27-2003, 04:35 PM
Yeah, he'll probably do it in a roundabout way. Maybe not apologize for his stand on the issue, but that it kinda got out of hand on Coach's Corner (where is doesn't really belong)...

sherie
03-28-2003, 06:04 PM
Yup, it sure will be interesting to see if tomorrow night he says something about last week...

Drop the puck!!

Easton
03-28-2003, 06:17 PM
i didn't see it, but ironically the model we shot on tuesday nite told me all about it... ROTF

go figure!