PDA

View Full Version : Internext Miami 09 - pics from FUBAR

JFK
08-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Love the florida Internext show. It's an all time favorite mainly because I just love fla period.
As things re-adjust in the adult marketplace, we are seeing less and less people attending the events.
This show was no exception, BUT as I have stated many a time before it's what you make of a show.
Work with the people who are there, not the ones you wish were there.

So the #'s of attendees are down, well so are the all the hangers on. People who come are there to do business.
We as an industry need to re-evaluate how we do these conventions. We have a lot to learn from mainstream.
I am attending a show in San Jose right now, 2500-3k in attendees. Recession, WHAT recession???

What has worked in the past is history, we need to innovate and take notes as to what people want to attend the show.
Anyways, we have a few pics from the show that we done a fair amount of business at. Check it out !
http://www.fubarwebmasters.com/index1.php

Evil Chris
08-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks for including XNations in your rounds, JFK. :)

Interesting comment regarding attendance. It's something I had also suspected was happening, especially with the "bigger" shows. I'm also reading that at the bigger shows like Internext and XBiz that there are practically no affiliates attending. It seems that travel to and registration for these events aren't justifiable in their own budgets anymore, so what we're seeing are mainly content producers, program owners, and their staff as the main attendees of the bigger shows.

I can attest that there are many traffic driving affiliates that go to the small to medium sized gatherings such as Cybernetexpo and Qwebec Expo. Shows that I have recently attended.

As someone who is "just another marketing rep" looking for affiliates with traffic to send my program, I would like to ask the organizers of the big shows a question. What are you doing to attract regular webmasters back to your shows? Because without them, I see less reasons to attend.

Vid Vicious
08-12-2009, 03:20 PM
awesome coverage Jules !

JFK
08-12-2009, 04:46 PM
awesome coverage Jules !

Thnaks Vid, will see u in a couple of weeks ;)

student4ever
08-13-2009, 03:40 PM
As someone who is "just another marketing rep" looking for affiliates with traffic to send my program, I would like to ask the organizers of the big shows a question. What are you doing to attract regular webmasters back to your shows? Because without them, I see less reasons to attend.

great insight and very valuable question there Chris. I think this is something many people would be interested in hearing answers for.

JFK
08-13-2009, 04:21 PM
great insight and very valuable question there Chris. I think this is something many people would be interested in hearing answers for.

yes indeed:)

Vid Vicious
08-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Thnaks Vid, will see u in a couple of weeks ;)

yah man !!