PDA

View Full Version : StarGate Universe

TheLegacy
10-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Ok, so watched this show and although it was cute for a little bit I really can't see it lasting much longer.

Story line is very similar to Atlantis except it's on a ship now not too mention that the actors really have no character much less anyone recognizable from the original series which everyone loved.

I'll still watch it, and hope it gets better but from the 1st show - my thoughts of it lasting a few seasons would surprise me.

http://tengossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/stargate-universe1a.jpg

Danny
10-03-2009, 12:38 PM
That will be on in just 23 minutes here in Canada on "Space". I am recording it and will watch it later this evening ;)

Yes, i am a Stargate geek!

TheLegacy
10-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Ya, it's pretty much on all weekend with Space.

Watching it again I think that the lack of humor and social teamwork is what bothers me - it's too serious and would have made a good movie. I pray that someone doesn't create bad guys like the Borg lol

Virgule3
10-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Ya, it's pretty much on all weekend with Space.

Watching it again I think that the lack of humor and social teamwork is what bothers me - it's too serious and would have made a good movie. I pray that someone doesn't create bad guys like the Borg lol

Pfffffft!! The Borg are awesome!!!

http://usera.imagecave.com/cafecafe/JeriRyan-SevenofNine.jpg

Danny
10-04-2009, 01:03 AM
I watched it and found it all quite disjointed with the flashbacks! They really didn't need to do that although I think they were trying to show some character development with it (which failed). It just didn't have that Stargate feel, or the fun and humour of SG-1 and Atlantis.

TheLegacy
10-04-2009, 08:56 AM
I watched it and found it all quite disjointed with the flashbacks! They really didn't need to do that although I think they were trying to show some character development with it (which failed). It just didn't have that Stargate feel, or the fun and humour of SG-1 and Atlantis.

Good, glad I wasn't the only one. Let's hope someone steps up and see's it as well - I should check and see if the writers have changed

thruma
10-05-2009, 11:14 PM
I just miss Star Trek, all four. Classic was good for it's time but the new ones just look so much better but hell the classic stories still kick ass.

Yeah I miss Star Trek. Sadly the only SG I liked was the first one. The series was better than the movie.

TheLegacy
10-06-2009, 09:11 AM
What was funny is I order pizza weekly and the delivery guy and I often sit for a few minutes talking about sci-fi = last night even he commented that SG-U sucked big time that it had the ship video angles of BattleStar Galactica (stolen) and the story concept of Atlantis / Star Trek Voyager but the characters were boring, everything was jumping around but we're hoping for the best in the months to come before they pull it

Cyndalie
10-06-2009, 03:56 PM
I miss Firefly

born2blog
10-06-2009, 05:22 PM

I watched it too and although I did enjoy it that is one of my pet peeves with tv shows or movies, when they are bouncing around constantly with different timelines, I can understand once in a while it helps when shows do the odd flashback but in some cases they go way overboard with it which makes it harder to follow

dyonisus
10-07-2009, 04:16 PM
I always like to give something at least 3 episodes before I call it quits. SG-1 I am only up to the 8th season and I have barely scratched the surface of Atlantis season 1. I thought I felt disjointed because I missed a bunch of stuff before SG-U.

TheLegacy
10-07-2009, 04:21 PM
I always like to give something at least 3 episodes before I call it quits. SG-1 I am only up to the 8th season and I have barely scratched the surface of Atlantis season 1. I thought I felt disjointed because I missed a bunch of stuff before SG-U.

Smart thinking - I am waiting for about 3 maybe 5 episodes before making a final decision, much like Jimmy Fallon LOL - I really really wanted to like him - I gave it my best, desperately like on a first date laughing at all his bad jokes - still - no connection there

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon.jpg