PDA

View Full Version : Internext Las Vegas: Who's going?

2MuchMark
10-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Internext Las Vegas:

We plan to attend, even though the Miami show was quiet. We did pretty well last January and am hoping for a repeat of course. Just wondering who from here will be going this year?

Evil Chris
10-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Well obviously I will be there this year, and AEE too.

I'm happy. It's been several years since my last trip to Vegas, so I'm looking forward to it.

Elli
10-29-2009, 12:22 AM
Well obviously I will be there this year, and AEE too.

I'm happy. It's been several years since my last trip to Vegas, so I'm looking forward to it.
Has it been *that* long?

My god, it has.

sigh.

Rochard
10-29-2009, 12:31 PM
I won't be going. I'm done with shows for a while. Shows have become nothing but drunk webmasters and I have no need for that.

2MuchMark
10-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi Rochard,

I tend to agree, however, I'm still hopefull. I don't expect to do any business at all at the parties, but other things can be quite useful. What I've leard to do is to book meetings before the show and trade contact info. This gives me a chance to meet new clients or see demos etc and make deals, hopefully on the spot.

Vid Vicious
10-29-2009, 03:29 PM
I plan on attending this year .. I'll also be at AVN

I
m looking forward to the drunk models :P

Evil Chris
10-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Has it been *that* long?

My god, it has.

sigh.My last time to Vegas was the first time they held Internext at the Palms. I thought it was a great show for us business wise. The "fantasy suites" party was great!

Jimmidean
10-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Nope avoiding this one like the H1N1 till AVN gets there act together.

dyonisus
11-02-2009, 12:48 PM
I will be at AEE and Internext this year. Launching a new product and affiliate program to go with. Looking forward to 2010.

Evil Chris
11-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Nope avoiding this one like the H1N1 till AVN gets there act together.Sorry to hear that man. :confused:

JoeD
11-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I'll be at Internext this year - enjoying the break from Montreal to January ;-)

I don't know where all the drunk webmasters were, I don't remember seeing any webmasters at Internext last year...

It was a good B2B show for most people I spoke with...

Evil Chris
11-03-2009, 09:44 AM
It feels to me like despite all the commentary about how shows need to change gears etc... there will still be a strong turnout at Internext, and AEE as well.

Fact of the matter here is that the industry has slowed down considerably over the past couple of years. There isn't a show out there that is seeing bigger numbers of people; they're all seeing smaller, scaled down figures. Atlanta had to be post-poned, for example. The whole 'my show is bigger than yours' seems a pointless argument. Both AVN and XBiz (for examples) still put out the best possible gathering they can, and they're both worthy of your attention.

If you'd like exposure for your company at Internext this year, contact me for a well put-together advertising package. ;)

Funbrunette
11-05-2009, 08:53 AM
I may tag along with the Evil one! Haven't been to vegas in a while, would be nice to see everyone! :)

Cyndalie
11-05-2009, 09:12 AM
I have no plans to attend.

Rochard
11-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi Rochard,

I tend to agree, however, I'm still hopefull. I don't expect to do any business at all at the parties, but other things can be quite useful. What I've leard to do is to book meetings before the show and trade contact info. This gives me a chance to meet new clients or see demos etc and make deals, hopefully on the spot.

The industry is coming back, slowly. While we bitch about tubes left and right, the truth is really it's the economy that's killed us more than anything.

With that said, shows are no longer productive. I remember going to a show and meeting someone who can send fifty joins a day and it would justify the expense. These days I can't find one affiliate who can send twenty joins a day.

dyonisus
11-06-2009, 01:57 PM
For me, going to a show is all about timing and the projects I am working on. For the last 2 years I was working in development and design, I was not on the affiliate/marketing side as much as I have been in the past. There was really no need for me to attend the shows.

Times have changed. I am now on the cusp of something completely new and as one of only a few people in the business, I feel it is important for me to be there. To help the business bring the brand to both the consumers and other webmasters as well as to reconnect with people and develop new relationships.

Vegas and the combination of AEE and Internext offers a great opportunity to achieve branding goals as well as initial marketing goals. I have always seen Vegas as a show with potential despite the alcohol and partying. There is business to be had there, and I intend to seek it out.

Anyone interested in discussing traffic, customized Content Managements Systems anything. I am available, scheduling meetings from Jan 7th through 13th.

Evil Chris
11-06-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm keen to see what you're up to dyonisus. :)

dyonisus
11-06-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm keen to see what you're up to dyonisus. :)

You will actually get a short preview. I will be hitting you up next week in respects to advertising for Internext.