PDA

View Full Version : Running NATS v4? Want to offer your affiliates the option of the look of NATS v3?

TMM_Vlad
11-25-2009, 02:00 PM
The NATS "Retro v3 Skin" for NATS v4 is ready for a few people who wish to test it.

What is a NATS "Retro v3 Skin"?

It is a skin for NATS v4 which makes the affiliate area look and function like the NATS v3 affiliate interface. NATS v4 added a lot of features, a better database design, better data storage, and many other great elements to NATS. However, many affiliates felt the new default affiliate interface was too cumbersome and not simple enough. They preferred the simplicity and familiarity of the v3 affiliate skin. Some people enjoy the new skin, some don't. Adding this skin to your NATS v4 install will allow each affiliate to choose the skin they prefer. They can use the new v4 look skin or the old v3 skin. They can switch back and forth all they want.

Can I customize the look of the "Retro v3 Skin"?

Yes, the skin looks and acts like the NATS v3 affiliate area with a few alignment and padding corrections as well as a few minor additions such as listing rebills on the main stats page by default and linking to the payments page. You can easily customize the background, logo, and colors of this skin to give it your own v3 look.

I'm an affiliate and I'm not sure which skin I want to use, can I change it?

All affiliate programs will be able to offer you the choice of both skins. It is not a one time decision. You can easily and quickly switch between which skin your account is currently using. This way you can use the new skin sometimes to learn its new features or if switch back to the old skin if you know how to find something in it quickly and need to. Or, you can just always use the skin you prefer and not have one forced upon you.

Is this just a visual thing or a functionality thing also?

The "Retro v3 Skin" is more than just a visual change. It matches the functionality of v3 on things such as Ad Tools and referring URLs. It looks AND works like v3 with the added benefits of v4 working in the background.

Why have you added this? Isn't this a step backwards?

Not at all. This is a step forward. NATS runs on a very large number of affiliate programs supporting a very large number of affiliates. Everyone has their preferences. v4 allows us to offer choices to those affiliate program owners and their affiliates. Some affiliates have expressed that they are very familiar and very comfortable with the look and flow of v3 and that is what they prefer. We heard you and we listened and now we are offering you the choice to use what you prefer.

I'm an affiliate program owner using NATS v4, how do I get this new skin?

This new skin has just been completed. We are offering it to a few programs at this point for live testing purposes. If you would like to get this skin now and take part in the testing please submit a support ticket indicating so. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the US and as such we have a limited support staff in the office. All requests to have this skin added will be handled as quickly as possible. Once the live testing period is complete the skin will be included as a standard part of all v4 installs and upgrades. You will just have to configure your logo, colors, etc. and choose your default. Your affiliates then can either use your default skin or choose any other you offer.

Will you be offering more skins in the future?

Yes. We intend to offer NATS program owners a number of easier to work with skins in the future. We are currently working on developing a cleaner, easier to use, new skin which takes advantage of some of the great new features in v4 without throwing so many graphs at you that you feel you're in an accounting class. This skin will have more of a web 2.0 feel and will be very easy to navigate. We don't have a set ETA on this skin yet and there will be more to follow also.

If I have questions about this, who do I ask?

If you are a NATS client your best option is always to submit a support ticket. Whether you are a client or not you are always welcome to contact John Albright (Owner) or myself with any questions.

John Albright
732-385-1536 x1111
albright/toomuchmedia/com
aim: JohnA1078

Vlad Zamelukhin
732-385-1536 x1123
vlad/toomuchmedia/com
aim: tmmvlad

rhetorical
11-25-2009, 02:06 PM
so how much does nats cost and why should I get it? If I buy it, am I entitled to sell it if I choose?

TMM_Vlad
11-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Rhetorical,

If you are looking to run a highly configurable and fully featured affiliate program along with dedicated support then NATS will be the right solution for you.

You can choose to lease the software or buy it out-right. The lease based pricing starts at $150 monthly for tier 1. There is a set-up fee of $750 which will include installation of the software, full over the phone training, and support.
http://toomuchmedia.com/pp_nats-pricing.htm

You are able to sell/transfer your program if you choose.

Also, If you get a chance I would like to show you a demo of NATS. Please let me know if you have any further questions or a good time to reach you to chat some more.

Thanks!

daizzzy
11-26-2009, 05:22 AM
repeating that from your previous thread

just wanted to ask what does exactly '2nd tier' mean in /internal.php?page=stats&view=referral in nats4?

TMM_Vlad
12-03-2009, 12:52 PM
repeating that from your previous thread

just wanted to ask what does exactly '2nd tier' mean in /internal.php?page=stats&view=referral in nats4?

2nd tier simply means that the affiliate you referred, referred another affiliate.

TheLegacy
12-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Awesome to hear Nats is moving forward to meet the needs of webmasters