PDA

View Full Version : How NOT To Market Your Business - Using Platitudes (Part 2) - Adult B2B Marketing Tip

AdultB2B
12-10-2009, 11:02 AM
How NOT To Market Your Business - Using Platitudes (Part 2)

Yesterday I mentioned platitudes. To refresh your memory, platitudes are words or phrases that are drearily commonplace and predictable, that lack power to evoke interest through overuse and repetition...that are nevertheless stated as though they were original or significant.

Platitude Evaluations:

Cross-Out/Write-In Test:

Cross your name off your ad and write in the name of your competitor.

Well I Would Hope So!

Does your prospect expect you to say what you’ve said?

Who Else Can Say That?

Could your competitors say the same things you’ve said?

Evaluate & See For Yourself

Grab an advertisement or marketing piece from your company and run it through these three “Platitude Evaluations:”

1. Well I Would Hope So! Does your prospect expect you to say what you’ve said? If so, it’s a platitude.

2. Who Else Can Say That? Could your competitors say the same things you’ve said? Not do what you do, but SAY what you say?

3. Cross-Out/Write-In Test: Cross your name off your ad and write in the name of your competitor. If the ad is still valid, you fail the test!

For more information SUBSCRIBE (https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/subscription.php?username=nickcage49&newsletter_id=1409757795) to our new weekly marketing newsletter.