PDA

View Full Version : Jack Dorsey Presents Credit Card Payment Thru Mobile Phone Device

J-SiN
12-15-2009, 11:50 AM
http://business.avn.com/articles/36902.html

Tom Hymes reports about another new invention that Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey is hoping to "revolutionize" the way we transact business. And it's nothing more than another fancy schmancy swiping mechanism (and expensive, I bet) to accept and make credit card payments using one's mobile phone.

Hymes details all the features. And as you read the article some more, the more you realize that Dorsey is trying hard to give us this illusion of novelty.

I guess using the Square would be a handy way to send payments for joins, paybacks, rebates, etc. But like anything else, the article fails to touch one real feature that Dorsey should have addressed: security. The Square may sound convenient. The Square may sound so easy to use. But will it be something users will do without?

Evil Chris
12-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Interesting but I highly doubt this will take off any further.

My belief is that the future is in some kind of biometrics, or voice or facial recognition for transactions/purchases. Even that will take a long time to eventually market to the common joe.