PDA

View Full Version : tokyo, japan

gabrio
01-03-2010, 09:51 AM
hola fellows from xnations......im going for a crazy vacation to tokyo, japan with couple of friends and i wanted to hear if any of you had any reccomendations about special places to visit there, we plan on visiting the city area only since there are so many things to see!

suggestions highly appreciated!

rhetorical
01-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Tsukiji Fish Market.....tons of 24 hour Sushi joints around the biggest fish market in the world. Near Shiodome. Electric Avenue when they close down the streets and all the girls come out to be photographed and take in a Maid Restaurant

gabrio
01-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Tsukiji Fish Market.....tons of 24 hour Sushi joints around the biggest fish market in the world. Near Shiodome. Electric Avenue when they close down the streets and all the girls come out to be photographed and take in a Maid Restaurant

thanks and yeah my d3's gonna be on fire!!! the fish market is already on our to-do. we already read the whole lonely planet hehe

Funbrunette
01-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Ask Peter I think he went a few years ago or was suppose to go... Have fun babe and take lot's of pictures! :) Have a safe trip!

J-SiN
01-04-2010, 09:23 AM
If you're a first timer, I think it is more important that you brush up on your Nihonggo (spoken Japanese), Katakana and Hiragana (written Japanese), etc. because navigating around Tokyo will be very difficult. Almost everyone doesn't understand let alone be conversant in English. If you're lazy, hire someone who can accompany you and ead you to the best places to go.

rhetorical
01-04-2010, 11:13 AM
If you're a first timer, I think it is more important that you brush up on your Nihonggo (spoken Japanese), Katakana and Hiragana (written Japanese), etc. because navigating around Tokyo will be very difficult. Almost everyone doesn't understand let alone be conversant in English. If you're lazy, hire someone who can accompany you and ead you to the best places to go.
Nope. I have learned the secret of the universal language. Just TALK LOUDER.

Stephane76
01-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Never been but here is a bump for ya

J-SiN
01-05-2010, 10:39 AM
hehehhe, then good luck with that, Rhetorical. I know how it can be incredibly frustrating to talk to the Japanese when you're there.