PDA

View Full Version : AVN Online magazine returns!

Evil Chris
02-05-2010, 01:20 PM
ONLINE RETURNS WITH APRIL AVN
Seminal Internet trade mag will join Intimate as supplement to AVN

CHATSWORTH, Calif.— No, it’s not an early April Fool’s joke. If you thought you had seen the last of Online magazine, you’re in for a surprise. Just in time for the Phoenix Forum, AVN will be publishing a stand-alone supplement of Online that will go to all AVN subscribers as well as be distributed with AVN at the Phoenix Forum. The supplement will contain all of the news, reviews, profiles, and commentary usually found in the digital section of AVN, as well as special articles created just for Phoenix Forum.

The last issue of Online magazine was published in August 2009. The editorial content of the original adult B2B publication, along with that of AVN Novelty Business, was then incorporated into the all-inclusive redesign of AVN magazine. While many readers have welcomed AVN’s new global format, some Online readers and advertisers longed for the return of a separate publication that addresses their market.

Tony Lovett, publisher and editor-in-chief of AVN, hopes that the supplement will become a regular addition to AVN. “Like everyone else, we were forced to make some hard decisions in 2009 due to the economy,” Lovett said. “As we emerge from the downturn, I am hoping that advertisers will support us in our effort to bring back on a monthly basis the best internet trade mag as a separate publication. It’s what many have asked for, and we’re ready to deliver.”

AVN is also publishing its semi-annual Intimate supplement in April, to coincide with the International Lingerie Show in Vegas. The supplement features the softer side of the pleasure product and lingerie market, and has been a regular favorite with consumers. The supplement will enjoy extra distribution at ILS, along with AVN. Though there will be no digital section in the April issue of AVN, the novelty section will remain since Intimate covers only a specific portion of that market.

For questions regarding news or article submissions or any other editorial considerations, please contact Online Senior Editor Tom Hymes at tom.hymes@avn.com.

For information on how to advertise in AVN or either of the April supplements, please contact your ad rep (that's ME) today. The ad space deadline is February 23.

Visualad
02-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey Chris.. I used to get both the consumer AVN mag and the web biz side Mag in the mail (both for free).

Then they stopped coming. You know who I should contact to get them coming again?

Evil Chris
02-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Actually both of them are B2B publications, not consumer based.

Visualad
02-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Actually both of them are B2B publications, not consumer based.

didnt answer my question. but alrighty then. ;-)

Evil Chris
02-05-2010, 02:37 PM
didnt answer my question. but alrighty then. ;-)I know. I'm working on your answer right now. ;)

Cyndalie
03-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Great news!

plugin
03-04-2010, 11:58 AM
This is very nice news.