PDA

View Full Version : Shutter Island

Funbrunette
03-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Went to see Shutter Island today, I am so disapointed :geez: Maybe it's because I read the book and enjoyed it so much (I read it in a day, well at night... Got to love insomnia) The book blew me away! I expected so much more from Martin Scorsese. The cast was brilliant (Ben Kingsley, Leonardo DiCaprio and Emily Mortimer). Perhaps it's better to read the book AFTER your see the movie.

Anyone else see it? Thought?

rhetorical
03-07-2010, 12:54 AM
It was Scorsese doing Hitchcock. This was a film makers movie. The cast was secondary but good. I give it a nine out of ten.

Funbrunette
03-07-2010, 07:17 AM
It was Scorsese doing Hitchcock. This was a film makers movie. The cast was secondary but good. I give it a nine out of ten.

Really? Maybe it's me then...I was very disapointed. Perhaps I don't get the whole "film makers movie" thing. I love Hitchcock...I think the book ruined it for me.

rhetorical
03-07-2010, 12:17 PM
How about another film makers film maker? Go see The Ghost Writer....Roman Polanski. Great thriller.

Funbrunette
03-08-2010, 07:17 AM
How about another film makers film maker? Go see The Ghost Writer....Roman Polanski. Great thriller.

It's on my list, I've heard nothing but good things about it! While were at it any other suggestions?

Evil Chris
03-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Movie reviews are all about subjective opinions on what the individual thinks is quality film-making, and story telling through film.

I didn't get much out of Shutter Island, either. That doesn't mean it wasn't a good movie. It just didn't deliver in the manner in which I expected.

Cyndalie
03-08-2010, 10:57 AM
I haven't seen it and was thinking about renting it until we moved into this house that I suspect is haunted lol

NBBCash Matze
03-09-2010, 06:38 AM
haven't seen it yet but I heard some good oppinions about Shutter Island.

Danny
03-09-2010, 02:47 PM
I also read the book and therefore knew what the "twist" was going to be. I haven't seen the movie, but was looking forward to it. Then again I won't watch it until it's on the movie channel on TV! I just don't do movie theatres.