PDA

View Full Version : Academy Awards 2010

Evil Chris
03-08-2010, 10:11 AM
I stayed up and watched. That's one awards show I still enjoy. Surprised that Avatar didn't sweep up. I did see The Hurt Locker and was very impressed with it, so I was happy it won.

Anyone else watch?

Visualad
03-08-2010, 11:40 AM
I did not watch it, but was VERY pleased to see that Christoph Waltz won for "Inglourious Basterds" [WINNER]. Supporting actor !

Loved him in the movie and actually thought after watching it that he should have an oscar for it. :-)

Evil Chris
03-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Waltz was a shoe-in for that category. Nobody else even came close.
I was happy for Sandra Bullock. She deserved the recognition, as did Jeff Bridges. Put together his collection of work and to not have a best actor Oscar would be wrong.

The Hurt Locker was a good choice for Best Picture. If you haven't seen it, you should.

Visualad
03-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Waltz was a shoe-in for that category. Nobody else even came close.
I was happy for Sandra Bullock. She deserved the recognition, as did Jeff Bridges. Put together his collection of work and to not have a best actor Oscar would be wrong.

The Hurt Locker was a good choice for Best Picture. If you haven't seen it, you should.

Im more a DVD kinda guy. So have not seen any of the latest movies. But really cool about Jeff Bridges. He´s totally old school and have been doing some outstanding acting throughout the years.

Think I might just pop in the Big lebowski in the DVD tonight. ;-)

Evil Chris
03-08-2010, 01:15 PM
I just found out that Jeff Bridges will portray "Rooster Cogburn" in the upcoming re-make of the classic western, True Grit.

Now, I'm not a big fan of re-makes, but this one perks my interest since it's being done by the Coen brothers. Coincidentally, I just watched the original True Grit (with John Wayne and Glen Campbell) a couple weeks ago.

MediaGuy
03-09-2010, 08:30 AM
I just found out that Jeff Bridges will portray "Rooster Cogburn" in the upcoming re-make of the classic western, True Grit.

Now, I'm not a big fan of re-makes, but this one perks my interest since it's being done by the Coen brothers. Coincidentally, I just watched the original True Grit (with John Wayne and Glen Campbell) a couple weeks ago.

Jeff Bridges will be perfect in that, and the fact that the Coen Bros. are doing it is awesome news!

And don't forget who else was in True Grit - LQ Jones, Strother Martin, Dennis Hopper, Kim Darby and Robert Duvall as Ned Pepper... yeah that's a classic...

:D