PDA

View Full Version : I am thinking of adopting a pet.

cthulhu_waves
04-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I visited a pet shelter last Easter and I have this gnawing feeling that a pet would help me while I live alone after a nasty divorce. I am deliberating whether I would get a cat or a dog? I live in a small cramped condo unit in a hilly place. It's largely residential with not much children.

I would love a cat but I don't know how to toilet train it. Same with a dog. Which one is better to train?

And if you prefer dogs to cats, what would you recommend for me? I am thinking of adopting either this small ginger kitten or this gray-coated cat; and then there is this lovely little cocker spaniel pup and this fully grown lassie.

Kenny B
04-06-2010, 01:12 PM
I have one of each and a cat is the easiest thing to toilet train, you drop him in the litter box and bam they seems to know that's where they go.

A cat is much less work but is very independent, if you want an animal that will be your buddy and don't mind taking a dog out 3 times a day then I say go for a dog.

It's great to save a pet but remember they can be very temperamental because many have been abused. We worked with our dog for a long time before he trusted us and became the dog he is today.

I totally recommend saving a dog or cat!

Evil Chris
04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
We have two dogs, both rescued. I was never one for cats until my Mom got a couple of them and they're very nice. One was put down last year unfortunately due to an illness.

Go for a cat. Easier to train than a dog. Less worry if you need to leave the house for a day or two.

ace_luffy
04-11-2010, 10:04 AM
i think dog, much better, but if you are type people , always out of town, i recommend cat,

Virgule3
04-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm a dog person myself. I have two rescued greyhounds and they come all trained and they don't bark and are super sweet pets. Big, but they sleep all day... They don't take much space really. My friend's shi-tzu takes ten times more space than both my dogs...

Vid Vicious
04-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Wanna rescue my cat . he's on his way out the door