PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone buy an iPad yet?

Evil Chris
04-26-2010, 10:26 AM
While I was down in Phoenix recently, I was going to pick one up but in the end decided against it. $500 for something that would just waste more of my time.

It's a cool gadget nonetheless. Eventually I'll get one, or a similar product. I'm hoping that PC gets us a touch screen OS soon.

cthulhu_waves
04-26-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm wondering whether people in the industry are already working on getting their content to be iPad friendly. And do you think it's a wide investment to do so?

student4ever
04-26-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm hoping that PC gets us a touch screen OS soon.

I think Win7 is touch screen capable, but not sure how many portable touch screens are available to use it yet.

I was in SF at a conference 3 days after the release and couldn't believe that I saw so many of them already in peoples hands. I can't see getting one. Cool for sure, but it's too in between sizes for me. Portable is nice, but it's not small. I'd need a decent case to put it in and then it's one more thing to carry around...

That and the typing... as I was watching people use it, I couldn't help but think of all the ergonomic issues that will come up as people use that stupid keypad. lol

Now, when it's got the laser projection keyboard and touch pad that project down from it, so I could use it in my lap and on a desk/table - maybe then. lol

dyonisus
04-27-2010, 02:04 PM
I saw a business presentation on one the other day, it was quite a slick little way to get your info to a potential client in a presentation.

I have read tonnes about mainstream marketers getting all over iPad ready apps and content.

I want one.

Cyndalie
04-27-2010, 02:50 PM
It's great for kids and older people.

plugin
04-30-2010, 07:46 AM
I saw a demonstration of the iPad on CNN and I wasn't particularly impressed

student4ever
04-30-2010, 03:55 PM
I saw a demonstration of the iPad on CNN and I wasn't particularly impressed

Really, it's a giant iPod Touch in my mind. I'd say iPhone, but it's got no phone... :laughout: