PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Use Hotmail?

cthulhu_waves
05-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I thought it was a crappy email provider. Navigating around your inbox was slow and tedious. The webmasters told me that accounts were easy to hack (not by virtue of the account author) and competition has better and improved features.

So why do people still use Hotmail?

Are these the same people who use IE when they surf? Or is there something that I don't know about?

Evil Chris
05-05-2010, 10:05 PM
I have one but only so I could use MSN Messenger. I don't use it for any actual mail.

I've had the same Yahoo email account since 1996 and use it for a lot of stuff including now my iPhone. I also use a gmail account on my iPhone.

plugin
05-07-2010, 06:50 PM
I can't use my Hotmail account when opened on Chrome

CamsMaster
05-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I started recently, to use them but my main is still yahoo, and the first one as well

Stephane76
05-11-2010, 09:11 AM
I ditched hotmail for Gmail long time ago

Danny
05-11-2010, 09:46 AM
I've only had a hotmail account for MSN. Gmail is almost useless these days as it is the e-mail of choice for spammers and many places are just blocking it now.

For actual e-mail, I use my own domains.

Evil Chris
05-11-2010, 02:15 PM
I've only had a hotmail account for MSN. Gmail is almost useless these days as it is the e-mail of choice for spammers and many places are just blocking it now.

For actual e-mail, I use my own domains.This is true. For true email communication, I use my own domains. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail... they're for stuff I sign up for like Facebook.

ppo_tommy
05-11-2010, 03:25 PM
i been using yahoo for a while now an i deal with gmail. Now that im on here i use gmail more then my yahoo accounts:skull:

ppo_tommy
05-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I ditched hotmail for Gmail long time ago

that's the way to go my wife use's hotmail i dont see why i keep telling here gamail gmail gmail or even yahoo i use yahoo for more of my music uploads but now im going to try an use gmail for that as well:8ball:

ppo_tommy
05-11-2010, 03:27 PM
I have one but only so I could use MSN Messenger. I don't use it for any actual mail.

I've had the same Yahoo email account since 1996 and use it for a lot of stuff including now my iPhone. I also use a gmail account on my iPhone.

what kind of iphone do you got

ppo_tommy
05-11-2010, 03:29 PM

For actual e-mail, I use my own domains.

how did you go about setting your email up through your own domain?

BuggyG
05-11-2010, 08:53 PM
hotmail..yahoo..gmail got them all. Personal email from provider, just friends and family have it.So hotmail used for websites..etc..etc..