PDA

View Full Version : Phone Booth

Evil Chris
04-06-2003, 11:28 PM
Funbrunette and I went to see that new movie "Phone Booth" today, and I gotta admit it was pretty good.
I kinda wondered how they could pull off an entire movie with one central focus and setting... a telephone booth, but they did it and they did it well.

Sometimes it felt as if I was in that phone booth with the guy. What a nail-biter too. I'd recommend it. :xthumbs:

Bobby Vicious
04-07-2003, 01:54 AM
Saw it as well. I enjoyed it also. Yeah I was kind impressed at how they pulled it off with just the phone booth location. What surprised me as well was the voice of the sniper on the other end. Through the entire movie I thought it was Jeremy Irons,but to my surprise at the end of the movie when the sniper reveals himself I was shocked because I consider myself a know it all when it comes to movies. In a way I'm still sort of right ,it was Keifer Sutherland doing a Jeremy Irons voice impression.:bonk:

Dwreck
04-07-2003, 03:17 AM
Cool I'll check ot out tommorrow. :)

Magnus3x
04-07-2003, 03:57 AM
Sometimes it felt as if I was in that phone booth with the guy

EC you switching teams? or just mildly curious..:eek:

j/k

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
04-07-2003, 05:06 AM
Yeah it fuggn rocked for sure!!
I've had it on VCD for about 3 weeks now ... Gotta love "TMD" :D :cool: :D

Danny_C
04-07-2003, 10:20 AM
I'm probably going to watch it tonight. I read that it was REAL short - more like a long sketch - but that it was a great movie.

Evil Chris
04-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Danny_C
I'm probably going to watch it tonight. I read that it was REAL short - more like a long sketch - but that it was a great movie. Danny.... it was 86 minutes long (or short).. whichever you prefer. :) Just long enough to be a movie and not a short film.

Hungryman... I dunno how you can even watch those bootlegged copies. I get fed up with the image quality (not to mention the sound) after about 5 minutes.

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
04-07-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Danny.... it was 86 minutes long (or short).. whichever you prefer. :) Just long enough to be a movie and not a short film.

Hungryman... I dunno how you can even watch those bootlegged copies. I get fed up with the image quality (not to mention the sound) after about 5 minutes.

Chris ... you have to know which ones to download ... yes there are alot of shit quality ones out there ... but there are also DVD quality too !!

The DVD quallity rips are almost ALWAYS 2 CDS long ...

I am invading Montréal next month, for at least the summer ... I'll let you see MY movies, and I dare you to tell me the quality is shit ...

:cool:

Evil Chris
04-07-2003, 10:59 AM
Well if the quality is good, then it's good! :)
I'm just saying that the ones I have seen, and it was a long time ago, were crappy. I remember trying to watch one of the 1st new Star Wars movie and it sucked. Looked like someone had filmed it from the audience or something.

The ones you say are good quality... DVD quality... Is the sound either AC-3 or in 5.1 surround?

luke
04-07-2003, 01:05 PM
I thought the movie looked pretty good. I'll have to check it out as well.

sherie
04-07-2003, 06:13 PM
I seen it during the Toronto Film Festival back in Summer. The actors were all there talking about the film. We really enjoyed it.

They held off showing it in the theatres for a while because of the snipings. I am glad it's finally out, I'd like to go and see it again.

Funbrunette
04-07-2003, 08:51 PM
I'd have to give it a 8/10! Excellent movie! :xthumbs:

-=HUNGRYMAN=-
04-08-2003, 12:24 AM
Chris ... the audio depends on the source audio ... if the source is a DVD with 5.1 or even 6.1 dolby digital, then the HQ rips will have the same ...

many of my movies are ISO rips ... exact DVD copies ...

mailman
04-08-2003, 01:19 AM
i cant wait to see it... i just saw One Hour Photo last night.... :)

firehorse
04-08-2003, 11:11 AM
next week I want to see Phone Booth and also Anger Management! :D

luke
04-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Anger Managment looks really funny. I always like Adam Sandler movies and I think him and Jack Nicolas will be pretty damn funny together.

swoop
04-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Anger Managment looks really funny

A buddy of mine saw this and said it was ok.

About Phone Booth, and I apologize if anyone brought this up already, but drive around in any major city and when was the last time you saw a Phone Booth?? :)

Voodoo
04-15-2003, 01:46 AM
I haven't seen it yet.