PDA

View Full Version : Golf Clubs

Evil Chris
04-13-2003, 04:52 PM
I'm watching the Masters this weekend, and it dawns on me that I really need a new set of golf clubs.
Any other golfers in da house? What do you recommend I get?

I'm willing to pay for some good clubs, as I think this will be a set I will use for many years to come. What do you suggest?

Magnus3x
04-13-2003, 05:57 PM
Aliens Bro.. all graphite..solid heads..

and I suggest a prowler 7 Wood or fairway driver with a good amount of loft.

Head irons are great as well.

This Masters is a nail biter..let's go Weir!!!

poppy
04-13-2003, 07:10 PM
TaylorMade Baby! (http://www.taylormadegolf.com/home.asp)

I had to edit my post after watching Mike Weir win the Master's. Should be no questions asked, after your fellow Canadian just won the BIG one!!!

Magnus3x
04-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Absolutely Brilliant!!!!

I think Mike should make everyone drink "50" at the dinner.

Evil Chris
04-13-2003, 08:56 PM
Wow that was awesome! I watched Mike through the whole 18 holes. He put in a solid game today! It's a great day for golf in Canada!

Thanks for the feedback all...
Poppy... I was considering looking into either Taylormade or PING.

12clicks
04-13-2003, 09:41 PM
I have Titleist 990s with steel shaft and I love them. I'd recommend them to anyone. If you have a girly swing, get the graphite shafts.
I'm still using big bertha woods but Taylor made is the way to go. Not the huge one (what is that the "580") get the midsize, its still big and its a sweet club.

modF
04-13-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by 12clicks
I have Titleist 990s with steel shaft and I love them. I'd recommend them to anyone. If you have a girly swing, get the graphite shafts.
I'm still using big bertha woods but Taylor made is the way to go. Not the huge one (what is that the "580") get the midsize, its still big and its a sweet club.

Knockoffs :)

At least until I can really play the game

Yo Adrian
04-14-2003, 01:34 AM
I'm gonna be getting some new irons this week, going for the Ping i3 OS's....hehe just learning to play

leedsfan
04-14-2003, 04:59 PM
custom baby.

I have a set of custom made, Ping style clubs which knocked me back a bit, but which make a massive difference, given the fact I'm 6ft 2. Longer loop means more distance, means more birdies..means more free beer...means the clubs pay for themselves...

well that is the theory anyway, unless you strt drinking before you start the round, which is what invariably happens when my buddies and I get out...

I have a taylor made driver and an orlimar trimetal 3 wood, and a fucking great putter-scotty cameron-made (best club in the bag).

balls -2 piece wound. Nike or Titleist. 80-100 compression

Vid Vicious
04-14-2003, 05:00 PM
When are we gonna hit the course Chris? Missed a whole season last year! ...