PDA

View Full Version : Go Leafs Go!!!

sherie
04-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Yea that's right you heard me!!! WooT!!!

What the hell is a Flyer anyway? Just another form of Spam I say!!!!!

modF
04-14-2003, 03:42 PM
No you too :(

swoop
04-14-2003, 04:19 PM
We (me and modF) Flyer fans are getting killed here on the boards.

Last Stanley Cup for Toronto - 1967 OUCH!

Ok, I'm ready for the hate posts towards me... :)

Evil Chris
04-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Flyers have a good team.... however.... :D

mailman
04-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
however.... :D

howerver what? :confused:

sherie
04-14-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by swoop
We (me and modF) Flyer fans are getting killed here on the boards.

Last Stanley Cup for Toronto - 1967 OUCH!

Ok, I'm ready for the hate posts towards me... :) Well you see, if we were not such a hockey town and went to the games regardless (they all sell out btw as soon as the season starts) then we would invest money in the cup. Or how shall I say Purchase the cup like many teams before us. But seeing that we are only playing with grit and heart, it doesn't matter too much about the cup. (well it does, but you know what I mean)

I think I am going to head down after work and get me a ticket!!

And mailman, ummm where are those Penguins anyway? Yea drowning, that's right Bawahahahahahaha!

swoop
04-14-2003, 05:42 PM
Should be a fantastic game tonight. Neither goalie has impressed me all that much. Thinking the game is a 3-2 / 4-1, at least 5 goals scored.

sherie
04-14-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by swoop
Should be a fantastic game tonight. Neither goalie has impressed me all that much. Thinking the game is a 3-2 / 4-1, at least 5 goals scored. I agree, and hoping that the Leafs are the one's walking away a winner. I like my goalie much better that Chermanic(sp) Belfour didn't impress me much the other night but nor did anyone else :(

And Tucker, what a flipping shame that is....Anyone know when the almighty OMG I can't believe we took him back Gilmore is ready????

Evil Chris
04-14-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by sherie
Anyone know when the almighty OMG I can't believe we took him back Gilmore is ready???? You might be surprised when he hits the ice tonight....

sherie
04-14-2003, 06:01 PM
You might be surprised when he hits the ice tonight.... *best Elaine shove* GET OUT!!!! Are you shittin' me? I haven't heard a thing about him in ages!

modF
04-14-2003, 06:02 PM
Well you see, if we were not such a hockey town and went to the games regardless (they all sell out btw as soon as the season starts) then we would invest money in the cup. Or how shall I say Purchase the cup like many teams before us. But seeing that we are only playing with grit and heart, it doesn't matter too much about the cup. (well it does, but you know what I mean)

I think I am going to head down after work and get me a ticket!!

And mailman, ummm where are those Penguins anyway? Yea drowning, that's right Bawahahahahahaha!

We have not had one in what, almost 30 years, so that excuse my come around here soon. I don't think that there could have been better matchup this round though. I like it when it is fun and both teams are hungry. And if Domi/Brasheer happen to go at it each night, that is a bonus.

btw: that looks like "Super Chris", as I once again show why I am a tech and not a graphics person :)

http://www.modf.com/images/superchris.jpg

sherie
04-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by modF
We have not had one in what, almost 30 years, so that excuse my come around here soon. I don't think that there could have been better matchup this round though. I like it when it is fun and both teams are hungry. And if Domi/Brasheer happen to go at it each night, that is a bonus.

btw: that looks like "Super Chris", as I once again show why I am a tech and not a graphics person :)

http://www.modf.com/images/superchris.jpg LMFAO that is a great cape hehee

That is a true excuse here Stavros the owner is a cheap SOB!

I like this round myself, I don't like when 2 Canadian teams have to play each other in the Play Offs, one less Canadian team to cheer for! However, I would like to see Belak and Brasheer go at it!! Domi knocked him around the other night:D

Magnus3x
04-14-2003, 07:16 PM
I'll let you Leaf fans have this first series..then it will be back to the same old comments from the blue and white bandwagon.

"Maybe next year...the cup!"

Muh ah ah ha aha ahhhhhh...

sherie
04-15-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Magnus3x
I'll let you Leaf fans have this first series..then it will be back to the same old comments from the blue and white bandwagon.

"Maybe next year...the cup!"

Muh ah ah ha aha ahhhhhh... Save yourself the agony. Detroit is one of "those teams" that purchased the Cup *cough*

TORONTO WON TONIGHT IN OT ....and I was there!!

Speaking of bandwagon...I gave some guy shit tonight and asked whether or not he was on or off the wagon!! Honey, if they lose this year or next year, that's ok! I LOVE them just the same!!

PS Chris, Gilmore wasn't there, but my man Tucker was =) Although, Mogliny may be out??! =(

swoop
04-15-2003, 06:48 AM
Quite a shot Molginy took, even with him out the Flyers couldn't put it away.

That's what happens when u have the player of Sundin's caliber to step it up.

McAttack
04-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Or how shall I say Purchase the cup like many teams before us.

So what do you call getting Owen Nolan, Glen Wesley, Doug Gilmour, and Phil Housley. All key players that are supposed to bring playoff experience.

This sucks, I hate the leafs, but I know they'll beat the Flyers simply because Bobby Clarke has NO CLUE what a good goalie can do for you in the playoffs and refuses to go get one.

AdultLegal-Jim
04-15-2003, 11:01 AM
"Or how shall I say Purchase the cup like many teams before us. "

Hasn't worked for the Rangers and doesn't look like it's gonna work for the Wings this year either

sherie
04-15-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by McAttack
So what do you call getting Owen Nolan, Glen Wesley, Doug Gilmour, and Phil Housley. All key players that are supposed to bring playoff experience.

This sucks, I hate the leafs, but I know they'll beat the Flyers simply because Bobby Clarke has NO CLUE what a good goalie can do for you in the playoffs and refuses to go get one. Well we didn't have to pay any of them millions and millions of dollars, and as you said Playoff experience. We got these guys at retirement time (Gilmore forsure and Nolan only has a few left) Housley isn't quite sure who's team he's on LMAO

Evil Chris
04-15-2003, 04:08 PM
modF... haha nice cape...

and Magnus... are you still flying that Red Wing's logo high?
Detroit is in trouble!

Magnus3x
04-15-2003, 04:24 PM
First off.. just cuz a team buys good players does'nt mean shit..thats bandwagon BS. They still have to play.. and are prone to injuries and being outplayed just like any other team. Playoff hockey is not regular season hockey. So throw that over used excuse out the window.

Second off.. yes my team is in deep DEEP trouble..LOL but they are my team and unlike Toronto fans I wont jump on the next best thing when my team is out!!

PROUD PROUD

PaulSweet
04-15-2003, 04:33 PM
All I can say is I wish the Canucks would stop thinking about their golf season and stay focused on their hockey season......:(

sherie
04-15-2003, 06:24 PM
First off.. just cuz a team buys good players does'nt mean shit..thats bandwagon BS. They still have to play.. and are prone to injuries and being outplayed just like any other team. Playoff hockey is not regular season hockey. So throw that over used excuse out the window.

Second off.. yes my team is in deep DEEP trouble..LOL but they are my team and unlike Toronto fans I wont jump on the next best thing when my team is out!!

PROUD PROUD Did I hit a sore spot there with the purchase of players? I am not using it as an excuse it was a statement and my opinion!

See ya next year!! Sure glad you BOUGHT Cujo off of us!! How's that working out for ya? Buwhahahaahahaha And sorry, you can't purchase Belfour next year, he's staying put ;)

I am not a bandwagon person, I love my team win or lose!

And Paul I hear ya, Vancouver is my second favorite team, I am a little shocked to say the least!

swoop
04-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Man I wish there were some NY Ranger fans here. Highest payroll in the NHL and they can't even buy an entrance to the playoffs.

HAHAHAHA

swoop
04-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Any of you 'Leaf fans hear about this about Corson??:

http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/140940.html

Oh, and Mogilny looks to be ok for tomorrow night.

Purple Haze
04-16-2003, 12:00 AM
All I know is: GO LEAFS GO!!!

barryf
04-16-2003, 12:16 AM
http://www.torontomapleleafs.com/images/wallpaper/trish_640x480.jpg

Magnus3x
04-16-2003, 02:37 AM
I love hockey and the playoffs..everyone is so stoked!!!

Now back to the good stuff!!
See ya next year!! Sure glad you BOUGHT Cujo off of us!! How's that working out for ya? Buwhahahaahahaha And sorry, you can't purchase Belfour next year, he's staying put

We're not done yet!! and I seem to recall the heart being ripped out of TO last summer when CUJO bailed. He'll be back in TO in 10 years when the leafs are looking for a lame trade and he's ready to retire.

McAttack
04-16-2003, 10:49 AM
Did you guys say Go Leafs Go or Go Corson Go? I thikn he must be reading this thread and decided to leave the team!

modF
04-16-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by barryf
http://www.torontomapleleafs.com/images/wallpaper/trish_640x480.jpg

Flyer's till the end, but that is one bandwagon I would jump on :)

Evil Chris
04-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Now that's a nice, uh... jersey? :D

The story about Corson is a shame. I'm sure there's more to it than meets the eye. Some are calling him a cry-baby etc... Fact is that his ice time has gone way down this year due to lack of productivity. He'll be missed by me anyway. Lot's of heart and guts. I think someone else will pick up the remainder of his contract and he'll be all right for a couple more seasons at least.

sherie
04-16-2003, 01:51 PM
I love hockey and the playoffs..everyone is so stoked!!!

Now back to the good stuff!!

We're not done yet!! and I seem to recall the heart being ripped out of TO last summer when CUJO bailed. He'll be back in TO in 10 years when the leafs are looking for a lame trade and he's ready to retire. I hope not really! I have them in my pool damnit!!

I don't think that everyone's heart was broken, especially when we got Eddie the Slasher hehe!! I think that the upset was that he left for less money or some crazy shit like that. And NO we won't take him back in 10 years, we only do that with the Clarks and the Gilmores when they are ready to retire LOL

McAttack, I don't know WTF happened there, I don't have him in my pool and if he wants to be a whiney pants and quit that's fine by me. I just hope he doesn't persuade his brother-inlaw Tucker to go with him!! I LOVE him LOL

Evil Chris
04-16-2003, 03:03 PM
Well Mogilny is OUT for tonight's game...
http://www.tsn.ca/news_stories/38019.html

He will be sorely missed, but this only means Sundin and Nolan have to pick up their game right now.

With regards to Shane Corson...
The 36-year-old has battled panic attacks along with a host of physical ailments since signing with the Leafs as a free agent in July 2000. I did not know that. I feel for Shane, actually. I hope he gets some good treatment and that he gets more ice time with another team next season.

swoop
04-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Huge relief for me being a Flyers fan tonight. Mogilny has owned the Flyers in this playoff series.

McAttack
04-16-2003, 05:02 PM
I hope not really! I have them in my pool damnit!!

McAttack, I don't know WTF happened there, I don't have him in my pool and if he wants to be a whiney pants and quit that's fine by me. I just hope he doesn't persuade his brother-inlaw Tucker to go with him!! I LOVE him LOL

Hehe, well Tucker is actually a real nice guy in real life. I used to see him when he played for Montreal at the bar I worked at. Corson was always a bit of a dick and I htikn his real reason for leaving are more personal than his ice-time. His wife and him aren't doing too well so maybe it's better that he doesn't have to think about the team right now, take care of his own thing at home.

I can't say for SURE, but when this guy came back to Montreal, he was supposed to be the "new" Corson, much more mature. And he was in the beginning, but then he was back in the bars a lot, not like in his first round in Montreal where he and Chelios were known in all the bars, but still very present and very... liberal with the beers.

But just so you know Sherie, cause it looks like you have a bit of a crush on Tucker, he is a great guy. Real nice guy to talk to, or at least he was back in his Montreal days. He's a psycho on the ice now, so who knows! Must be all that SARS in Toronto. :p

Magnus3x
04-16-2003, 05:02 PM
The Corson thing is Brutal and then the Alexander Mogilny injury is a wee nasty as well.
http://www.canoe.ca/Slam030416/nhl_torphi1-cp.html

I'll say this about the Leafs though..last year when they were down some key players they played better!!

Kris
04-16-2003, 05:24 PM
some good points all across here. i don't like the owen nolan pick up by the leafs. not a fan of that guy. the best guy they have now is in the net. i still support belfour even now that he's wearing blue instead of green. he carried dallas in the playoffs and is missed in big d. gonna be tough if they meet up.

as for detroit. only 2 teams have come back from being 3-0 down. if anyone can do it, the guys detroit have on the ice can do it... except for one. the guy between the posts. i'm not a fan of joseph.

as for a good series, the dallas/edmonton is a lot better than i expected. turco seems to be having some problems settling into the playoff mode.(i needed that shutout last night for our pool)

i'm not sure who said it, but they were absolutely right. playoff hockey isn't regular season hockey. anything can happen.

DAMN I LOVE THE PLAYOFFS GO STARS!

sherie
04-17-2003, 09:46 AM
Hehe, well Tucker is actually a real nice guy in real life. I used to see him when he played for Montreal at the bar I worked at. Corson was always a bit of a dick and I htikn his real reason for leaving are more personal than his ice-time. His wife and him aren't doing too well so maybe it's better that he doesn't have to think about the team right now, take care of his own thing at home.

I can't say for SURE, but when this guy came back to Montreal, he was supposed to be the "new" Corson, much more mature. And he was in the beginning, but then he was back in the bars a lot, not like in his first round in Montreal where he and Chelios were known in all the bars, but still very present and very... liberal with the beers.

But just so you know Sherie, cause it looks like you have a bit of a crush on Tucker, he is a great guy. Real nice guy to talk to, or at least he was back in his Montreal days. He's a psycho on the ice now, so who knows! Must be all that SARS in Toronto. :p I have heard that about Corson. I feel bad for my last Whiney Pants comment. It's awful to have to leave something that you enjoy so much for reasons like that. Perhaps he and his wife wouldn't have so many problems if he just kept to sleeping with her LOL!

LOL Yes I do have a bit of a crush on Tucker, he is HOT and crazy mental on the ice. He seems like a real nice guy off the ice. Yep, it's the SARS that are making people crazy, you silly ;) Watch out, I could snap at any moment haha!

McAttack
04-17-2003, 10:42 AM
I have heard that about Corson. I feel bad for my last Whiney Pants comment. It's awful to have to leave something that you enjoy so much for reasons like that. Perhaps he and his wife wouldn't have so many problems if he just kept to sleeping with her LOL!

LOL Yes I do have a bit of a crush on Tucker, he is HOT and crazy mental on the ice. He seems like a real nice guy off the ice. Yep, it's the SARS that are making people crazy, you silly ;) Watch out, I could snap at any moment haha!

Well we'll find out soon enough cause we'll probably meet up this weekend if you're at the Summit.

The Summit. Wow, trying to make it sound like a G7 summit meeting. "Let's discuss the economic importance of thongs vs. lacy underwear on shoots" Hehehe,

sherie
04-17-2003, 04:43 PM
Well we'll find out soon enough cause we'll probably meet up this weekend if you're at the Summit.

The Summit. Wow, trying to make it sound like a G7 summit meeting. "Let's discuss the economic importance of thongs vs. lacy underwear on shoots" Hehehe, LMAO that is funny!! But nope, I do not think that I will be attending. I have some family get togethers that I tried to get out of. Seeing that I haven't seen the folks since Xmas and seeing that I live like 1/2 hour away from them, I can't really get out of it. They are coming home early from vacation to do Easter with the kids, so unless I can start an arguement with them before hand it's not going to happen LOL!

Although, I may try to make it to see Brents band on Friday night. Gonna try!

Evil Chris
04-17-2003, 04:50 PM
I wish I was going to the Toronto Summit, but FB and I are a tad occupied with her belly at the moment... :D

I'd pay whatever it took to get me into the ACC to see a playoff game. Last night's game was WELL WORTH the money paid to a scalper for tickets. No matter that the buds lost, it was a great game.

sherie
04-17-2003, 05:28 PM
I wish I was going to the Toronto Summit, but FB and I are a tad occupied with her belly at the moment... :D

I'd pay whatever it took to get me into the ACC to see a playoff game. Last night's game was WELL WORTH the money paid to a scalper for tickets. No matter that the buds lost, it was a great game. Well yes Chris that is understandable, that should be happening soon woohoo!

As far as the game is concerned, I paid $500 for two tickets after the first period on Monday night, went into two periods of OT and they won!! It was SO worth it! :cool:

sherie
04-21-2003, 10:46 AM
bumpity bumb bumb, for my fellow Leaf fans! ;)

Let's get that shit going!

Evil Chris
04-21-2003, 10:53 AM
Well yes Chris that is understandable, that should be happening soon woohoo!

As far as the game is concerned, I paid $500 for two tickets after the first period on Monday night, went into two periods of OT and they won!! It was SO worth it! :cool: You missed the entire first period for that price? Oh man, the scalpers must have been loving the payoff that night! But for triple overtime, I would say YES! Worth it!

sherie
04-21-2003, 08:05 PM
You missed the entire first period for that price? Oh man, the scalpers must have been loving the payoff that night! But for triple overtime, I would say YES! Worth it! YES!! It was totally worth it! And more so if they win tonight!!

Evil Chris
04-21-2003, 11:01 PM
and they did! Travis Green in 2nd overtime and I have been biting my nails for 3 hours! :D

Game 7 tomorrow ... anything can happen!

sherie
04-21-2003, 11:06 PM
DAYUM! What a game!! I was on the edge of my seat forever!! I cannot believe how many missed chances there were. It certainly was a nail biter!!!!

Tomorrow is gonna be a tough one. Back to back games and over 25 periods of hockey in this series alone!! It's going to be great!!

Now that my heart rate is back to normal, I am going to sit and relax a bit LOL

PS that period I missed for the game was ok, there was a tailgate party going on, so I watched it and drank beer, and the Leafs were down before the second. So I didn't really miss a thing ;)

barryf
04-21-2003, 11:15 PM
And for a brief moment nobody in Toronto is thinking about SARS...

B

Evil Chris
04-22-2003, 11:26 AM
WOO HOO!
Game 7 tonight. What are the odds that they will play "God Bless America" instead of the Star Spangled Banner tonight in Philly?

I think they will do it for luck. Maybe they will play Kate Smith singing it on the jumbotron. I remember when she sang it live at the Spectrum in the mid seventies.

They're going to need all the superstition and help they can get because Toronto isn't rolling over baby!!!!

Becky
04-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by barryf
And for a brief moment nobody in Toronto is thinking about SARS...

B

LMAO, Nice one Barry:)

webgurl
04-22-2003, 12:40 PM
ITS true about what they Say about Leaf Fans LOL !! :rolleyes:

modF
04-22-2003, 04:14 PM
WOO HOO!
Game 7 tonight. What are the odds that they will play "God Bless America" instead of the Star Spangled Banner tonight in Philly?

I think they will do it for luck. Maybe they will play Kate Smith singing it on the jumbotron. I remember when she sang it live at the Spectrum in the mid seventies.

They're going to need all the superstition and help they can get because Toronto isn't rolling over baby!!!!

You will hear Kate Smith, then the puck will be dropped to "Welcome to the Jungle".

How sad is it that I backed out of dinner with my inlaws to watch the game tonight?

Ohh btw: It's hard to roll over when you are already dead :)

sherie
04-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by modF
You will hear Kate Smith, then the puck will be dropped to "Welcome to the Jungle".

How sad is it that I backed out of dinner with my inlaws to watch the game tonight?

Ohh btw: It's hard to roll over when you are already dead :) Hey now!! We were alive and kicking for a while there!!

And Barryf, do you consume yourself with the SARS? LOL